No announcement yet.

would it be illogical to have willie pep P4P #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would it be illogical to have willie pep P4P #1

pep is one of the most skilled, greatest boxers of all time.... his defensive skills were amazing.... he had great speed..

i was just wondering.. do you think someone could make a case and have Pep above SRR?

I dont think so. Pep was a marvel, but I went over both of their careers in depth recently and Robinson just beat better opposition overall, not to mention he did it over multiple weight classes.

I think you can make a better case for Archie Moore being rated over Robinson, but I think most people(likely me included) would disagree with that.

also you could throw the names Langford and Greb out there, but seeing as there is little footage of them as well as not quite as much documentation on the quality of their opposition, its kind of hard to make a solid irrefutable case.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=473023

Comment

I have Pep at the tail-end of the top-10, all-time. Spectacular fighter, but I just feel he is not quite arguable as the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
          I have Pep at the tail-end of the top-10, all-time. Spectacular fighter, but I just feel he is not quite arguable as the best ever.
          Agreed. To many fighters with much better resumes.

Comment

Not completely illogical, but I don't have him that high. In fact, Pep isn't even my #1 featherweight of all time (that honor goes to Henry Armstrong in my opinion).

Comment

Yes it would be illogical,he was an incredible fighter but i simply couldnt rank him ahead of SRR or Moore for that matter

Comment

Willie Pep was a great fighter, I would have him in my Top 10 of all time.

But, I don't see how he could be ranked #1.

So yes, It would be illogical, IMO.

Comment

I have Pep at 8 I think.

I just don't see it personally...at all.

It would need a helluva explanation and odd criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy
                    i cannot think of many with better resumes
                    Robinson, Langford, Greb and Charles are all definites for me do you disagree with any of these?

Comment

Working...
                    X