Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If KHAN-MAIDANA takes place in Manchester will you ppl support Amir or boo him again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If KHAN-MAIDANA takes place in Manchester will you ppl support Amir or boo him again?

Like you guys boo'd him at his last couple of fights in Manchester. That was a disgrace. You rarely see a home crowd booing their own fighter. You guys ask why Amir rather wants to fight in the US then in the UK (apart from money, fame and the training regime ofcourse)? Well, getting boo'd by people who aren't from your country is much easier to swallow then getting boo'd by your own countrymen.

That's why I'm hoping this fight is going to happen in the US, London or Newcastle. You people from Manchester don't deserve him. London and Newcastle have supported him like he is one of them. Especially Newcastle. Those people were very supportive at his last fight.
    Support him
    68.42%
    Boo him (again)
    31.58%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by wazaa; 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM.

only Hatton fans boo him and those typical council estate bnp trash

Comment

you're back? welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
        only Hatton fans boo him and those typical council estate bnp trash
        I know. they also boo'd Amir at the Pacquiao-Hatton weigh in. we all know what happened 24 hours later

Karma is a b*tch

Comment

Originally posted by Palokaj View Post
          you're back? welcome!
          hey man thank you

Comment

If it were to occur in Manchester, I would definitely hit it up and support Khan. I don't understand why people boo him, I don't think it's very fair but I'd support him. What are the chances it happens in Manchester? As I thought he went over to the US in order to fight on cards over there and build his name in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdoodledoo View Post
              If it were to occur in Manchester, I would definitely hit it up and support Khan. I don't understand why people boo him, I don't think it's very fair but I'd support him. What are the chances it happens in Manchester? As I thought he went over to the US in order to fight on cards over there and build his name in the US.
              WBA approves Maidana-Khan agreement and cancel the purse bid
              Posted in: News
              By wbanews.com
              Jan 18, 2010 - 6:54:05 PM
              Email this article
              Printer friendly page

"A tentative agreement was reached between the parties and it was not necessary the purse bid for the championship bout between united kingdom’s Amir Khan and interim champion, the Argentinean Marcos Maidana , they came in to terms.

The participants decided that the match to determine the absolute champion will be done approximately end of March or beginning of April, it simply needs a site to be defined. However they are talking some cities have been mentioned as Manchester, England and Las Vegas as possible scenarios for the bout. "

http://www.wbaonline.com/

Comment

There was very little booing at the Kotelnik fight from what I remembeer, but it is England and there will always be a few pissed up wankers in the crowd. I don't think it particularly says anything about Mancunians, the majority of people there probably weren't even mancs anyway.

As for the previous fight, well there was some significant booing but there were clearly a lot of people there just to see the legend Barrera in the flesh so I wouldn't read too much into it.

The fact is, Amir Khan draws bigger crowds than every other British boxer bar Hatton.

Comment

Well he fought Barrera in Mnachester. Legend with fans all over the world. Barrera had plaenty of fans in the arena. Isn't it also where he sparked out against Prescott? I cant remember if they were booing him before that or not though.

And im guessing he had over 90% support for the Barrera fight in the arena. Quit making out that he's hated when its obvious he's not. U cant expect everyone there to cheer him on. Its a sporting event. And even if people did turn up hoping to see him get KOd again - he still gets their money.

Comment

Khan will pull out with a fake injury and vacate two weeks before the fight.

He had to go through with this deal to save face but he has no intention of actually fighting Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X