No announcement yet.

how to work the slip ball?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to work the slip ball?

the only thing i've never used in the boxing gym but is considering of getting to hang on to my ceiling to use in my spare time in my apartment: the slip ball.

do you punch it? or what? I'm thinkin of getting one on title's website. Is this to slip punches? is the double end bag better to use for slipping punches? or the slip ball?

My favorite tool ..... The Slip Bag.

The Slip bag is hung at a height equal to eye level. And it is allowed to swing in a pendulum like motion. While the slip-bag is swinging in a back & forth motion - you are bobing and weaving in a side to side motion {While throwing combinations}.

It is designed to decrease your reaction time - improve your timing - and develop your ability to slip punches that are thrown at you.

And you know something "IT WORKS"

To answer your question "do you punch it?"
    From time to time you can hit it to keep the velocity consistant. But for the most part - you're not hitting it.

I brought mine from everlast {Pictured in my sig.} for $25. It weighs about 5 - 7lbs, filled with sand, with a leather exterior. AWESOME!!!!!!

I think there are some video's of Mike Tyson using the Slip Bag on y0utube ... I'm just too lazy right now to search.
    Last edited by arraamis; 10-06-2009, 01:46 AM.

Comment

hmm I guess you can call it a slip bag. Title called it the slip ball. LOL. Does it ever stop swinging or how constant do you have to hit it to make it swing continously? How fast does it swing? All you do is bob and weave left and right?

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
        the only thing i've never used in the boxing gym but is considering of getting to hang on to my ceiling to use in my spare time in my apartment: the slip ball.

do you punch it? or what? I'm thinkin of getting one on title's website. Is this to slip punches? is the double end bag better to use for slipping punches? or the slip ball?
        Slip ball better for working on head movement

Comment

hmm ok so I just bought one at Title's website, the Title slip bag, not the Everlast one. My celing is very high, about 10-12 ft. The Chain on this thing is way too short, can I just buy a chain somewhere to make this longer? Is chain recommended or just any rope? Which works best so that this thing would swing back and forth smoothly? Where do I buy it, like a Home Depot?

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            My favorite tool ..... The Slip Bag.

The Slip bag is hung at a height equal to eye level. And it is allowed to swing in a pendulum like motion. While the slip-bag is swinging in a back & forth motion - you are bobing and weaving in a side to side motion {While throwing combinations}.

It is designed to decrease your reaction time - improve your timing - and develop your ability to slip punches that are thrown at you.

And you know something "IT WORKS"

To answer your question "do you punch it?"
            From time to time you can hit it to keep the velocity consistant. But for the most part - you're not hitting it.

I brought mine from everlast {Pictured in my sig.} for $25. It weighs about 5 - 7lbs, filled with sand, with a leather exterior. AWESOME!!!!!!

I think there are some video's of Mike Tyson using the Slip Bag on y0utube ... I'm just too lazy right now to search.
            How long is the chain on your Everlast slip bag? My Title slip bag is about 12-15 inches long (about more than a foot). I don't know why they made it so short. LOL. I guess we all have to buy out a new, longer chain to adjust this thing's height, preferable right by my face/head.

Comment

u dont have to buy one u can just make one easily. just get a sock, fill with raw rice or beans, tie the sock up, get a shoe lace, tie it on, then tie it to the ceiling. its the exact same thing as the ones on title or ringside or everlast just not as fancy looking.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
                u dont have to buy one u can just make one easily. just get a sock, fill with raw rice or beans, tie the sock up, get a shoe lace, tie it on, then tie it to the ceiling. its the exact same thing as the ones on title or ringside or everlast just not as fancy looking.
                ok does it swing well with a shoe lace? My slip bag comes with chains, doesn't chains make the slip bag swing more smoothly like a swing/seasaw? I haven't tried a shoe lace. I might use a nylon rope instead. It's a lot stronger than a shoelace, plus a shoelace won't be too long to use for my ceiling, I just bought a nylon rope at Wal mart. I'll try this.

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post

are you a novice,you probably have never used the slip ball because you are not ready to use it,
                  Last edited by mrboxer; 10-14-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X