Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else tired of Emmanuel "the windbag" Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bring roy back, he was the ****.unlike biased foreman, know it all stewart and dumb lennox, hopkins cant talk fluidly...

Comment

you can see some part of kleenex on his zipper...

Comment

I demand Barry Tompkins, Scott LeDoux, and Sean O'Grady.

Nah, not really.

Why not a real trainer who was a fighter and can put a coherent sentence together, like a Buddy McGirt or someone along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by RRICAN View Post
          r u serious????? he had clotteys balls deep in his throat the whole fight
          No, Manny just pointed out when Clottey was doing well. He was fair to Cotto at the end.

Kellerman wasn't being fair to Cotto, he was openly rooting for Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            No, Manny just pointed out when Clottey was doing well. He was fair to Cotto at the end.

Steward was saying how Clottey was dominating the fight in the first round, and acted as though Clottey was never on the mat. While Clottey was falling Manny was still talking about how he was controlling the fight.

He acted as though Cotto had no chance from the opening bell. I would be afraid to have Steward as a trainer if he liked the guy I was fighting more, he would tell me to give up at the weigh in.

Comment

Chris Byrd did some fights on BDSSP, he was good.

James Toney from a few years ago would have been my pick..he's not as easy to understand anymore. If you watched the riddick Bowe Vs Billy Zumbrum fight were James did color, it was hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by RRICAN View Post
                r u serious????? he had clotteys balls deep in his throat the whole fight
                No, he just didnt have Cotto's balls in his throat like you and Jim Lampley. This was a repeat of Margarito-Cotto when Lampley was cheerleading while Kellerman and Stewart called the fight the way it should have been called.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post

Funny how you never mention Lampley and who he obviously "roots for". Kellerman has never been that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Funny how you never mention Lampley and who he's obviously "rooting for".
                    Honestly, if Lampley ever rooted against the house fighter, I would be shocked.

He's an awful play by play guy. Some people like him because he's dramatic and all that jazz, but he can't call a fight for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                      I'm getting tired of listening to this guy commentate. He always thinks he knows what's going to happen before it actually happens. And when the outcome does not match his prior prediction, he starts making excuses.

He's also biased as all hell and unlike George Foreman and Roy Jones, I don't learn shizzle about the sport of boxing when he commentates.

Can we please get an intelligent ex-boxer on the HBO staff to commentate the damn fights? LOL! Is that asking too much?

Lennox is actually worse than Emmanuel. His commentating is atrocious, but I can tolerate Lennox b/c he doesn't come off as a know-it-all jackass like Steward.

I wish they could get Roy Jones back. I always felt like I learned more about the sport when I listened to Roy (and George) call the fights with Lamps and Merchant.
                      I like Steward, the bottom line is if you go watch the fights in which he commentates, he is often correct in his predictions of the fight. I think he and Merchant and Jones are the better commentators that HBO has had. You have to remember that he has trained and still does train top boxers (Tyson in the past, Cintron, Wlad Klitschko, Jermaine Taylor) so he has seen a lot in the ring.

I guess sometimes he can sound like a know it all but at least he speaks his mind like Merchant and does not lick the sacks of the fighters that HBO promotes like Lampley does. Lampley is only real after the fights are over once he has sold the HBO guy during the fight's broadcast. Kellerman gets on my nerves at times but he is getting better at being more fair in his commentating he often rides fighters rods instead of calling the fight he is on TV for.

Comment

Working...
                      X