No announcement yet.

Carmen BASILIO Vs Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Hell yeah, I agree with that last part. My favorites are mostly fighters that go for the KO or TKO or, as they say these days in boxing and MMA, fighters who "finish fights." That's why I usually enjoy watching a Miguel Cotto fight these days, because he usually goes for the finish and not just a points win. Nonito Donaire seems to do that too and there's probably a couple of other boxers who do the same that I haven't seen yet.
    Maybe I should see more of Cotto fight, just seen the Paquiao fight. I never see a fight live anymore as you have to be a pub and can never enjoy watching it when all I hear is bloody poker machines. Just a point on Basilio here..... one of the ultimate finishers ever, the way he suddenly finishes off Tony DeMarco was simply SCARY.

Comment

Bask io vs mayweather

Close fight but I'd pick Carmen to win.

The Matweather/Cotto fight was BORING!!

Carmen would eat up Cotto

Comment

FM on a decision win. defense and countering was too good

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
          Close fight but I'd pick Carmen to win.

The Matweather/Cotto fight was BORING!!

Carmen would eat up Cotto
          If you thought that Mayweather-Cotto was boring, I can only imagine what you thought of Mayweather-Baldomir.

Comment

It would be difficult to find any basilio fight that was boring.

Comment

floyd wins via cutting basillio to bits , thats just my opinion i don't want no one to get upset about this.

Comment

hes not as skilled as cotto was, but he could do what cotto did for 15 rounds thats for sure. tough as hell

Comment

He'd win on work rate alone. Carmen is a guy who just kept coming. He'd take what Floyd gave him and smash him whether they were clean shots or not. The man was something else. If Floyd went to the ropes he wasn't getting off of them. Basilio would have made Mayweather look gun shy. It's a horrible fight for Floyd.

Comment

when i fight guys to try to emulate floyd or have FM-esque styles i find crowding them, swarming and inside body punching to work the best to thwart them. Oh hey what does Carmen like to do?

Basilio W 15

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                      He'd win on work rate alone. Carmen is a guy who just kept coming. He'd take what Floyd gave him and smash him whether they were clean shots or not. The man was something else. If Floyd went to the ropes he wasn't getting off of them. Basilio would have made Mayweather look gun shy. It's a horrible fight for Floyd.
                      Best answer yet and totally the way I see it, Floyd is great but he is no SRR and not the tough guy Carmen was, I think many posters underestimate Carmen's ability to land many heavy blows on any type of fighter. SRR was not at his best when he lost to Carmen but oh man SRR was brilliant and fast even late in his career and he was better in the second fight which in my opinion could have been a decision either way despite Carmens busted eye, he landed enough hard blows to have gotten the decision... it is still the closest fight I've ever seen over 15 rounds (Basilio vs SRR 2nd fight)

Comment

Working...
                      X