No announcement yet.

How is floyd gonna avoid pac's straight left all night long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
    did you see the sparring vid that mrbommer took from mayweather camp the sparring partner tried it twice each time it ended with the sparring partner getting countered by a right hand
    Paq > Floyd's sparring partners.

Comment

• Floyd will embarrass Manny................end of story.this will happen spring of 2012.both's next fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        and that's why they're sparring partners, not 7 division champions.
        The sad part is that someone had to point this out.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
          yes, but we've seen how floyd stuggle vs guys who pressure him either (castillo and chavez) and how his punches reduced with his already not much output (baldomir)...combined the nonstop pressure with a southpaw stance and it's a bigger nightmare for floyd...

i can agree with the bolded..
          Excluding the Baldomir fight, Floyd fought those two guys in close pocket range in excessively rounds and as a result, they had decent to good success against him. When he decided to kept those fights at distance, he still managed to out-boxed both of them. You forgot one thing and that is, Floyd's punches output increases against Southpaws, so as much as you pointed of how his punches output decreased against Baldomir, his punches actually increases against southpaws.

Now i know you're gonna bring up of how risky it would be to be that aggressive against Manny, but Floyd isn't your typical pressure Boxer who'd recklessly and impatiently attack Manny enough to put himself at risk without neutralizing Manny's offense first.

The difference between Floyd and Manny is that Floyd is more capable of adapting and changing things rounds in and out, whereas Manny will continuously do the same things over and over for 12 rounds because he hasn't fought anyone with skillset of JMM who could exploit his fundamental flaws since he and JMM last fought.
          Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-05-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            Excluding the Baldomir fight, Floyd fought those two guys in close pocket range in excessively rounds and as a result, they had decent to good success against him. When he decided to kept those fights at distance, he still managed to out-boxed both of them. You forgot one thing and that is, Floyd's punches output increases against Southpaws, so as much as you pointed of how his punches output decreased against Baldomir, his punches actually increases against southpaws.

Now i know you're gonna bring up of how risky it would be to be that aggressive against Manny, but Floyd isn't your typical pressure Boxer who'd recklessly and impatiently attack Manny enough to put himself at risk with neutralizing Manny's offense first.

The difference between Floyd and Manny is that Floyd is more capable of adapting and changing things rounds in and out, whereas Manny will continuously do the same things over and over for 12 rounds because he hasn't fought anyone with skillset of JMM who could exploit his fundamental flaws since he and JMM last fought.
            actually floyd did try to fight at long range vs them guys but it was just that he could'nt get away from the pressure esp againts castillo......see, it was easy for floyd to get away when he was fighting baldomir but not when he fought those 2.....chavez was a very close fight untl the stoppge...jesus was just not big enough to be bullying floyd for the whole fight, it took so toomuch energy from him being a small guy......

floyd is not your typical pressure fighter?.....i dont think he'll prssure pac at all so that if that happens it's even better for pac..

the said difference between pac and manny is just one of many...floyd's adaptabilty is irrelevant coz he's never fought close to what manny is...the blueprint has always been there to beat manny but putting that into work is the big problem...with floyd's cautios style , i dont think he'll be as succesful as you imply it to be...like i said, there are things that jmm does so well that floyd does'nt (combos and countering using diffrent shots ) so you really cant guage how successful floyd will be by using jmm...

Comment

actually floyd did try to fight at long range vs them guys but it was just that he could'nt get away from the pressure esp againts castillo......see, it was easy for floyd to get away when he was fighting baldomir but not when he fought those 2.....chavez was a very close fight untl the stoppge...jesus was just not big enough to be bullying floyd for the whole fight, it took so toomuch energy from him being a small guy......

floyd is not your typical pressure fighter?.....i dont think he'll prssure pac at all so that if that happens it's even better for pac..

the said difference between pac and manny is just one of many...floyd's adaptabilty is irrelevant coz he's never fought close to what manny is...the blueprint has always been there to beat manny but putting that into work is the big problem...with floyd's cautios style , i dont think he'll be as succesful as you imply it to be...like i said, there are things that jmm does so well that floyd does'nt (combos and countering using diffrent shots ) so you really cant guage how successful floyd will be by using jmm...
              very good points...floyd is no jmm as jmm is no floyd...

and i believe much of the difference between them is jmm takes more risk and really engage more than floyd..

pac had difficulties with jmm that might not be true with pac vs floyd...

and pac will have difficulties with floyd he never had against jmm as well...

but pac and floyd will surely have difficulties against each other....

floyd is a master of making adjustments.....

but pac had proven himself a relentless aggressive fighting machine..

which makes this fight one really worth waiting for...

i believe pac getting one well placed clean hit will open the door of opportunity for him to win...considering his style...

the question is will pac get to touch floyd the way he did ricky?...

we could only guess until they fight...

Comment

very good points...floyd is no jmm as jmm is no floyd...

and i believe much of the difference between them is jmm takes more risk and really engage more than floyd..

pac had difficulties with jmm that might not be true with pac vs floyd...

and pac will have difficulties with floyd he never had against jmm as well...

but pac and floyd will surely have difficulties against each other....

floyd is a master of making adjustments.....

but pac had proven himself a relentless aggressive fighting machine..

which makes this fight one really worth waiting for...

i believe pac getting one well placed clean hit will open the door of opportunity for him to win...considering his style...

the question is will pac get to touch floyd the way he did ricky?...

we could only guess until they fight...

Comment

Oh well if you say so.

Comment

• Comment

• Floid is going to smash that dog-eater's face in.

Comment

Working...
                      X