No announcement yet.

Did Maidana break broner mentally?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Maidana break broner mentally?

Before Broner got beat by Maidana, he already was a low output fighter.

we knew broner was a guy who used his weight advantage to bully smaller fighters and he was a counter puncher.

we knew he never had a good jab or any good arsenal of punches in his tool kit.

we knew he had no lateral movement and had stone feet.

however, despite all his flaws it just seems like Maidana was the nail in the coffin.

After Broner lost to maidana, he could have taken 2 roads, one of accepting his defeat and moving on or the other road of denial. he went thru denial and over the years it has taken a toll on him in the form of his mental health and his boxing skills. the way he denied losing to garcia, lost to granados but got the decision and other things.

i feel like Broner will never recover from that, regardless of how he tries to act

broner was always weak mentally exhibited by his disgusting behavior, but maidana was that monster who broke him

I mentioned this in another thread, yeap, I think Maidana broke Broner.

Comment

He's fragile mentally. That's not a knock on people who suffer mental illness. He's had suicidal episodes. But he can't accept that he's gatekeeper status at 147. He should be fighting at 140, either his body won't let him, as he's outgrown the division or because the money is at welter his ego refuses to step down

Comment

I don't know but this reminded me of the broner meme/gif thread...

Goes down as the ATG thread on nsb, salute to whoever started that masterpiece.

🤘🏾

Comment

he had handspeed but he never had fluid movement with his feet and his punches never flowed. his main issue has and always will be output. he doesn't throw enough punches to beat guys he isn't beating up. to move fast he has to work hard and be explosive with his upper body. guys with good feet can move their hands fast without hardly putting anything on them. broner cannot do that, so he tires out. it's led to his counterpunching over everything style. and he's not floyd mayweather with accuraccy and sharpness and even a little power at WW. his defense isn't good neouhg to keep guys from throwing. he just doesn't output enough.

he had the talents to get to the world stage and do well, but neve rto come close to floyd mayweather. sorry, dude, you don't have it! you hit like a mule at 130 lbs when you fought 5'3" gavin rees [really, that guy might even be 5'2",] or jason litzau after he'd taken beatings. when you fight WW you're an average fighter, and your record shows.

coulda done better, never could have been a geat. he'd have needed to stay at 135 lbs and change completely how he fought., and neither of those things were going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
            Before Broner got beat by Maidana, he already was a low output fighter.

we knew broner was a guy who used his weight advantage to bully smaller fighters and he was a counter puncher.

we knew he never had a good jab or any good arsenal of punches in his tool kit.

we knew he had no lateral movement and had stone feet.

however, despite all his flaws it just seems like Maidana was the nail in the coffin.

After Broner lost to maidana, he could have taken 2 roads, one of accepting his defeat and moving on or the other road of denial. he went thru denial and over the years it has taken a toll on him in the form of his mental health and his boxing skills. the way he denied losing to garcia, lost to granados but got the decision and other things.

i feel like Broner will never recover from that, regardless of how he tries to act

broner was always weak mentally exhibited by his disgusting behavior, but maidana was that monster who broke him
            1000000%. Maidana took his soul. Broner no longer has the confidence to apply the tools and tactics that made him successful. He’s never gotten over that fight and never will. The moment he faces adversity he goes into a shell and becomes passive.

Comment

I think so.

I actually think Broner showed a willingness to win in that fight at the end. He was fighting hard at the end to keep his undefeated record, he showed good heart that night. He never mentally checked out like he did in later fights, probably because now he's experienced losing so he doesn't fight as hard once the fight looks out of reach

Comment

Maidana also broke Victor Ortiz mentally.

There's something about being outmanned by an opponent that does something to a male's psyche. The thing with Maidana is that he is not very skilled. He is not fast. He doesn't really have defense. He is basically pure machismo. Cojones.

Even though Ortiz and Broner are both more skilled and more talented than him. They basically got out manned. Imagine you're about to run a train on a girl with your mate. And his dick is twice as big as yours. He looks at you and smiles. You will never be the same man again.

you don't come back from that.

Comment

I don't think Maidana ruined Broner. He just proved that Broner was overrated by many and never was that good even before Maidana beat him up. Broner fought reasonably well against Porter but proved again that he can't beat the top guys. Broner proved that twice more against Mikey and Pacquiao. He is a Jessie Vargas level fighter. Vargas has much more heart and tries much harder to win but neither Vargas nor Broner can beat the top 6 or 7 best welterweights. They both might beat boxers rated between 10th and 20th in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I don't think Maidana ruined Broner. He just proved that Broner was overrated by many and never was that good even before Maidana beat him up. Broner fought reasonably well against Porter but proved again that he can't beat the top guys. Broner proved that twice more against Mikey and Pacquiao. He is a Jessie Vargas level fighter. Vargas has much more heart and tries much harder to win but neither Vargas nor Broner can beat the top 6 or 7 best welterweights. They both might beat boxers rated between 10th and 20th in the world.
                    4 division world champ.

he's mentally done.

Comment

Working...
                    X