No announcement yet.

PBC Inside Boxing - Coming Up - Main FOX - 12:30 PM EST / 9:30 AM PST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC Inside Boxing - Coming Up - Main FOX - 12:30 PM EST / 9:30 AM PST

The reintroduction of boxing to the general North American public continues in about 30 minutes.

So far the show has been okay and getting better, the interviews are worth watching. This is a casual friendly show though and the purpose is to drive more fans to the sport...with the ratings going up so far it's working. The FOX/UFC blueprint is working wonders.

It's only going to get bigger and better as these boxers become household names and these shows become staples.

It's just exciting in general to FINALLY see these guys get this type of coverage.

This show is getting better in what way? Last episode was the one with Pacman I believe and it was cringe worthy.

I just don't get the need for a PBC only show for an entire hour. By all means feature upcoming PBC fights/fighters but also discuss other fights taking place. Or like I said, change the show from an hour to half an hour.

Comment

I dunno, I think it's a good thing.

And it is no more cringeworthy than all those pregame NFL, NBA, or MLB shows...better than some of them.

We need this show and more like them.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        I dunno, I think it's a good thing.

And it is no more cringeworthy than all those pregame NFL, NBA, or MLB shows...better than some of them.

We need this show and more like them.
        Having the show is fine. That's not the issue here.

But no, this show is worse than the other big sports shows you listed. Not that some others aren't mediocre either, but this one is borderline unwatchable at spots. Just way too hard to fill content for an hour show when only featuring the PBC. Mares struggles with his words at times, Porter is okay for the most part minus his usual corny moments and the interviews are a tough watch. Now, the last part mainly depends on who you interview. I'm guessing a Thurman interview will be a much better listen to a Charlo or Pacquiao interview.

The other shoulder programming though? Very legit. Brian Campbell was a great add for the face to face show. The countdown shows are well done too.

Comment

Just started watching

Great platform to introduce fans and people New to the sport to the PBC fights and their roster

But please get Shawn Porter off the show. Why the f.uck does he have glitter in his hair

Mares is a G though

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Having the show is fine. That's not the issue here.

But no, this show is worse than the other big sports shows you listed. Not that some others aren't mediocre either, but this one is borderline unwatchable at spots. Just way too hard to fill content for an hour show when only featuring the PBC. Mares struggles with his words at times, Porter is okay for the most part minus his usual corny moments and the interviews are a tough watch. Now, the last part mainly depends on who you interview. I'm guessing a Thurman interview will be a much better listen to a Charlo or Pacquiao interview.

The other shoulder programming though? Very legit. Brian Campbell was a great add for the face to face show. The countdown shows are well done too.
            They talk about all of boxing, not just the PBC.

Granted, they do emphasize the fights on their network first but I just heard them talk aboult Wlad, who we all know is talking to DAZN.

Both Abner and Shawn are still finding their voice but their insights are as good as any in the game. Both are lightyears better than Tim Bradley for example (no disrespect to Tim). They ask questions that only fighters think of, like Abner asking Keith what is going to be in the back of his mind after all the injuries.

Again, this show is as good as some of those other shows NOW and they are just starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Just started watching

Great platform to introduce fans and people New to the sport to the PBC fights and their roster

But please get Shawn Porter off the show. Why the f.uck does he have glitter in his hair

Mares is a G though
              I find Shawn is damned good and would not be at all shocked to see him doing this after he retires.

Yeah, with the glitter tho, or whatever the fugg is in his hair...

:

Comment

This show is getting better in what way? Last episode was the one with Pacman I believe and it was cringe worthy.

I just don't get the need for a PBC only show for an entire hour. By all means feature upcoming PBC fights/fighters but also discuss other fights taking place. Or like I said, change the show from an hour to half an hour.
                They talked about Canelo-Jacobs, Golovkin, Klitz.
                I mean will they feature interviews with Andrade or Terrence Crawford. No they're with different networks but they will mention them.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  They talk about all of boxing, not just the PBC.

Granted, they do emphasize the fights on their network first but I just heard them talk aboult Wlad, who we all know is talking to DAZN.

Both Abner and Shawn are still finding their voice but their insights are as good as any in the game. Both are lightyears better than Tim Bradley for example (no disrespect to Tim). They ask questions that only fighters think of, like Abner asking Keith what is going to be in the back of his mind after all the injuries.

Again, this show is as good as some of those other shows NOW and they are just starting out.
                  I just part of the show right now, and Abner once again is struggling mightily with his words. Porter had to help him in two occasions and he Mares was confused with Jermell and Jermall saying GGG could still fight Charlo even though he is coming off a loss. WTF? Mares insights as good as any? You sure how low expectations.

And just with GGG and Wlad in the Copp segment, they didn't mention DAZN once. Coppinger said GGG is deciding between PBC and "another network." Then they never mentioned who Wlad is in talks with to return.

I'll have to watch the show in it's entirety as I've only seen 10 or so minutes of it, but seems like more of the same. It is what it is, unless they make some tweaks, it's going to meh overall.

Comment

I just part of the show right now, and Abner once again is struggling mightily with his words. Porter had to help him in two occasions and he Mares was confused with Jermell and Jermall saying GGG could still fight Charlo even though he is coming off a loss. WTF? Mares insights as good as any? You sure how low expectations.

And just with GGG and Wlad in the Copp segment, they didn't mention DAZN once. Coppinger said GGG is deciding between PBC and "another network." Then they never mentioned who Wlad is in talks with to return.

I'll have to watch the show in it's entirety as I've only seen 10 or so minutes of it, but seems like more of the same. It is what it is, unless they make some tweaks, it's going to meh overall.
                    They've mentioned DAZN before. They talled about Canelo-Rocky. Well come to think of ot they talked about the fight not the network.

Comment

Working...
                    X