Do you guys have any mental problems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys have any mental problems?

Kind of a personal question I know.

I carry a lot of anxiety and depression. It mostly affects how much sleep I get. I’ve been to multiple psychologists over the years and have been on and off anti depressants for years. I don’t like taking them I think they do more harm that good.

I’ve been doing okay for a while, but I think that the lack of sleep over the past few months are taking its toll on me and I’m starting to almost feel like I need to talk to a professional again.

antidepressant. most have side effects that include suicidal thoughts. dont really see how that helps. try weed man. it is used with veterans to cure anxiety, ptsd, bipolar, etc etc. its the best medicine you'll find. if your state is illegal smoke it anyway. there is no cure in pills and shrinks. i know a friend with bipolar 2 and his meds made him have sweaty nightmares and homicidal thoughts. these pills are hit or miss. you are the experiment. weed, pure weed, comes from god.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
      antidepressant. most have side effects that include suicidal thoughts. dont really see how that helps. try weed man. it is used with veterans to cure anxiety, ptsd, bipolar, etc etc. its the best medicine you'll find. if your state is illegal smoke it anyway. there is no cure in pills and shrinks. i know a friend with bipolar 2 and his meds made him have sweaty nightmares and homicidal thoughts. these pills are hit or miss. you are the experiment. weed, pure weed, comes from god.
      Yes I know. The only thing I’m worried about is drug testing for jobs. Some of the places that are serious about their drug testing use hair follicles. That can detect substances taken months ago.

A lot of work places don’t care for it. Regardless if it’s legal or not. They’ll have drug free policies because they don’t want to be held liable for an accident at work and then it turns out from an investigation that they were high. A lot of it is zero tolerance and some places might even randomly drug test.

Doesn’t matter if it’s legal in a certain state. An employer can make up their own rules.
      Last edited by b Murphington; 01-03-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Get the anxiety in check, and you'll sleep better, obviously. Marijuana is better than any anti-depressant they'll give you. Marijuana is a better bet than any "professional" psychologist you'll chat with.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          Yes I know. The only thing I’m worried about is drug testing for jobs. Some of the places that are serious about their drug testing use hair follicles. That can detect substances taken months ago.

A lot of work places don’t care for it. Regardless if it’s legal or not. They’ll have drug free policies because they don’t want to be held liable for an accident at work and then it turns out from an investigation that they were high. A lot of it is zero tolerance and some places might even randomly drug test.

Doesn’t matter if it’s legal in a certain state. An employer can make up their own rules.
          And focus only on getting jobs where weed is ok.

Comment

I do/did.

Mine was down to breavement and substance abuse, I nearly died and ended up in rehab twice. I am totally clean now and very anti drugs however I do think anti depressants can help, I’d be contradicting myself in saying I’m an advocate but in reality I am. They have made some incredible advancements in this area I would try revisit and look at options

People who suffer with anxiety will always have that part of them, it’s just learning how to manage it. Excerise is the best mental treatment of all

I wish you the best brother

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              I do/did.

Mine was down to breavement and substance abuse, I nearly died and ended up in rehab twice. I am totally clean now and very anti drugs however I do think anti depressants can help, I’d be contradicting myself in saying I’m an advocate but in reality I am. They have made some incredible advancements in this area I would try revisit and look at options

People who suffer with anxiety will always have that part of them, it’s just learning how to manage it. Excerise is the best mental treatment of all

Yes it is definitely an ongoing battle for sure:

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

You can get most doctors to prescribe you medical maijuana for insomnia and if the Marijuana was to be detected then u have a doctor's prescription to explain it.

Is that the right thing to do though, I don't know, but let me tell you my story.

I went through depression and it left me with some long lasting effects but I can say I'm over it and that I'm not depressed anymore. Depression to me consists of 2 main parts, one is when someone can't get themselves to get out of bed to live a normal life, the other is when u can't really have fun doing the stuff you used to do for fun.

With me the first part went on for 6 months or more but is now long gone and I could say I'm now the exact opposite of that, I'm very motivated and am always chasing success at any cost everyday like my life depends on it because it actually does. The second part is the part that I couldn't really recover from a 100%. I used to have a ton of hobbies and I used to enjoy all kinds of activities. now the only thrill I get is from success, boxing and music. I feel more or less numb when trying to do any of the activities I used to enjoy and everyone around me enjoy and I get bored quite easily from them.

For me I beat the crippling part of depression by finding a goal in life and chasing success, it helped me prove to everyone and more importantly to myself that I'm something and that I'm not that worthless piece of crap I used to think of myself when I was depressed. Meditation, music, sports and certainly boxing were my therapies, I never went to a shrink, never turned into substance, I never even talked to anyone about it, I knew I was fighting my own mind and just like in boxing nobody else can help me except me. Sorry for the long rant and good luck to u! If I could do it then surely u can.

Comment

All online trolls do

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    I do/did.

Good post Prettyboy glad to hear you are on the up side of your down side.

Comment

Working...
                    X