Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Michael Grant?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he wouldn't be able to be heavyweight champ of the moon!

but in realty lewis easily could have been dq'd in that fight if a-sides had rules. 1 of the "knockdowns" he literally held him behind the head and landed 3 power shots one of which was clearly after the ref said break. at that point grant stumbled into the ropes and the ref started counting? it was literally 2 fouls that just happened: hitting after the break and holding and hitting. then the last knockdown that ended it hes clear as day holding him behind the head in order to steady him for an uppercut. not hard to miss when you have his head clamped! ward's like damn good stuff lennox

Comment

He wasn't that good and he lost to other guys after he lost to Lewis. He was huge and muscular so he got a lot of attention but I don't think he was ever more than a number 10 to number 20 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
        I’m not sure what one of the other posters up here calling Grant a American Hype Job.
        Relax dude , I saw Mike Grant live quite a few times down in Atlantic City. Was Grant a legendary Heavyweight No.
        Did he have some good wins early in his career yes.
        I saw him fight Obed Sullivan who was a very tough former marine. I also saw him fight a very game David Izon.
        Look is he going to make you forget about Joe Frazier or George foreman anytime soon absolutely not.
        But to call him a Hype job that’s just being a total hoarses A**
        And that’s that
        Good post. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lightsoutrome View Post
          You have no credibility with that lame ass statement
          I was trolling with that one. I do however think Mike is a little overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He wasn't that good and he lost to other guys after he lost to Lewis. He was huge and muscular so he got a lot of attention but I don't think he was ever more than a number 10 to number 20 contender.
            he was definitely in good shape but he had no skill. he was easily outboxed by andew golota before golota quit and he threw horrible wide punches

Comment

Working...
            X