Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo make more money than Floyd by the end of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Canelo make more money than Floyd by the end of his career?

Floyd is estimated to have made over 1.5 billion dollars in revenue. Do you see Canelo passing that number?

Probably not unless he changed his whole persona then I would easily say he could surpass Floyd but I don’t think he’s willing to change hisself like that!

Comment

Hell no. Floyd has 2 individual fights where he made more than 200 million

Comment

Probably.
        Canelo’s advantage is he started young as a cashcow. Pac and Floyd only became mega stars after facing Oscar when they were about 29 & 30.
        Canelo already had a 2 million ppv fight at age 23.

Floyd’s advantage was longevity, being able to face oscar, and he had a rival megastar in pacquiao to latch their names.
        He also took advantage of Mcgregors popularity. Overall he just had great market knowledge.

If canelo remains significant or fights til he’s 35, a young popular lion arises somewhere to challenge him, then there’s a good chance. As this deal is only a guarantee.

Comment

Depends how long he fights for. At this stage of his career, I'm sure when you throw in endorsements he's made triple of what Floyd had made at the same age as Floyd had only just fought Gatti.

Comment

Unlikely. He's tied up for the next 10 fights and don't believe he will fight as long as Mayweather. He will pick up a few losses before he retires too i believe, which will set him back a bit.

Comment

He's got a shot. Remember Canelo is only 28 and has already sold 8M PPVS and made a lot of money. In comparison Floyd because he didn't become a PPV star until he was 30 didn't sell 8M PPVs until he was like 34. Also the 365M deal he just signed is just for his TV rights in the US. For example Canelo already has the richest Mexican TV deal in history. There are many streams of money that will still be going into Canelo's pocket outside of this deal and the contracts in sports are just going up. Canelo's age and the fact that revenue streams for athletes and contracts in sports are just going up higher and higher gives him a shot. It's really going to come down to how long he chooses to fight. And remember Canelo hasn't really taken any serious punishment or even been knocked down a single time in his career.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                He's got a shot. Remember Canelo is only 28 and has already sold 8M PPVS and made a lot of money. In comparison Floyd because he didn't become a PPV star until he was 30 didn't sell 8M PPVs until he was like 34. Also the 365M deal he just signed is just for his TV rights in the US. For example Canelo already has the richest Mexican TV deal in history. There are many streams of money that will still be going into Canelo's pocket outside of this deal and the contracts in sports are just going up. Canelo's age and the fact that revenue streams for athletes and contracts in sports are just going up higher and higher gives him a shot. It's really going to come down to how long he chooses to fight. And remember Canelo hasn't really taken any serious punishment or even been knocked down a single time in his career.
                Any evidence of that? Find it hard to believe an app targeting international customers will have only the rights to the US. Mexico is understandable because Canelo already had the deal, same with Hearn and Sky, they can't do anything about it. But the rest, i would guess DAZN holds the rights.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 10-17-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Any evidence of that? Find it hard to believe an app targeting international customers will have only the rights to the US. Mexico is understandable because Canelo already had the deal, same with Hearn and Sky, they can't do anything about it. But the rest, i would guess DAZN holds the rights.
                  HBO owned Canelo's rights before this but that was only for the United States if you were in another country then it was another network that aired the fight for you. I know some folks were saying the Vargas fight which aired just the other day on DAZN was only available in US and Canada. There were folks in the UK and other countries saying they couldn't get DAZN. HBO didn't own Canelo's international rights so I can't imagine DAZN would either. Canelo has his own long term Mexican TV contract and I think Golden Boy likely on a fight by fight basis sells the international rights for each country separately. It's also why for their Canelo PPVs they use their own Ring Tv announcing crew for the International Feed. Same broadcast just not using HBO Announcers.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    HBO owned Canelo's rights before this but that was only for the United States if you were in another country then it was another network that aired the fight for you. I know some folks were saying the Vargas fight which aired just the other day for the on DAZN was only available in US and Canada. HBO didn't own Canelo's international rights so I can't imagine DAZN would either. Canelo has his own long term Mexican TV contract and I think Golden Boy likely on a fight by fight basis sells the international rights for each country separately. It's also why for their Canelo PPVs they use their own Ring Tv announcing crew for the International Feed. Same broadcast just not using HBO Announcers.
                    We'll see. But it would make no sense and they're paying him massive money, he's not Mayweather even though he's a draw. The amount they're paying him makes more sense if they control the international rights.

Comment

Working...
                    X