No announcement yet.

What it's like to be a mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it's like to be a mod

If anyone wondered what all that POWAHHH is like, I just got made a mod on a "rival" site

There's a secret mod forum where all the mods and admin talk **** about all of us and for some of the more notorious posters have whole threads dedicated to them where they "keep an eye" on you

There's an alert button for reports and possible spam which all mods can see and either delete the threads or discuss action to be taken on reported posts.

Theres a ton of ****ing spam posts that get picked up by the filter and we have to delete them

They can view your IP adress and shared IP's by clicking on your username, they can then see exactly where you are posting from and if any other accounts have ever used that IP. If you have a static IP they KNOW who your alts are.

They can fully edit or delete any of your posts or threads

I don't think they can straight up ban you but they can refer you to an admin to ban you and the admin usually will unless its for a really dumb reason
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 01-22-2019, 06:51 AM.

It depends on what software & version the site is using for their forums, different software has different functionality. They use a hacked up version of vBulletin here, i prefer phpBB.

Any decent troll will use a VPN to evade IP bans, easy work.

Comment

It's ok, I don't really get much joy out of obliterating nerds but it was the job bequeathed to me.

We do have mod meetups sometimes though, boston guy sits in the middle and we all wank on him, just bro stuff.

Comment

cant be a cop/detective etc. in real life so become a mod online instead!!! yall some nerds!! "do you know they have threads where they talk shiiet about the members"... ok??? so what?!! they some biiatches then gossiping.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          cant be a cop/detective etc. in real life so become a mod online instead!!! yall some nerds!! "do you know they have threads where they talk shiiet about the members"... ok??? so what?!! they some biiatches then gossiping.
          Well the detective work is often quite fun, but to be honest, the best thing about the job is the salary and fiscal year end conferences.

Comment

Everything is good in MODeration.

Comment

I'm an unmodified unofficial mod.

Comment

Anyone eat chicken biryani?

Comment

Modern day Mods have modified things to model themselves after modest websites.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    What it’s like to be a mod
                    Like this:

Comment

Working...
                    X