Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner thinks he won..what is he smoking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately for Broner his best work is at lower weights where he has the same speed advantage but can impose his size.
    Any decent fighter above 140 will beat him and I’m not sure he can make weight below 147.
    He should retire but he won’t and I don’t think his story ends well.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Broner needs get focused and get his short fat body to stay at 140 because He’s proved he can’t hang with any decent WWs and his power doesn’t translate to WW. Plus right now 140 isn’t the strongest and he still might be able to make some noise there and stay somewhat relevant
      Broner wants money fights. Berto, Alexander...are much more known than any 140 guy right now.

You think Broner will fight Relikh, Baranchyk, Prograis, taylor..???

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Broner wants money fights. Berto, Alexander...are much more known than any 140 guy right now.

You think Broner will fight Relikh, Baranchyk, Prograis, taylor..???
        What’s his options continue to lose at WW and become even more irrelevant with every loss. He’s proven he can’t compete there I mean most felt he lost to Jessie Vargas who ls a 2nd / 3rd Tier WW

Go to 140 a division with no real names or star power in hopes of actually stringing some Ws together and making noise there with the optics like he’s still a top end fighter in that division.

do you keep losing against known names or try and get some wins over unknown names or go the Oscar De La Hoya route his last 6-8 fights. Fight a fighter isn’t really known who he should beat ( even with judges help like the Sturm fight ) then take a big fight and lose and just keep doing that till the wheels falls off

How many Ls can Broner have against known WWs / Fighters until he’s irrelevant and no ones interested

Comment

I can see Arum trying to court Broner for a fight against Crawford after this .
          Not many options at Top Rank and Pac wouldn't fight him .
          I think Haymon would be willing to extend an olive branch ( Broner ) to Arum if they Ever were serious about matching up TC with the PBC WW's .

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Unfortunately for Broner his best work is at lower weights where he has the same speed advantage but can impose his size.
            Any decent fighter above 140 will beat him and I’m not sure he can make weight below 147.
            He should retire but he won’t and I don’t think his story ends well.
            I don't understand the general narrative on Broner. A lot of people say that if he's dedicated, he's one of the best

Here's my take on Broner as a fighter:

At the lower weights, he had a massive size advantage, which afforded him a fighting advantage. The extent to this is clear in the fact he couldn't make weight for one of his title defences, and having to vacate the title.

He had one solid win against Demarco, but was clearly the much bigger man. We now have a better gauge on how good Demarco was, and he's not a great win.

At 147, he literally scraped against Mallignagi, and if Paulie had won, not many people would have complained. We all know what happened against Maidana. These are fighters arguably his own size, especially Paulie.

Against Taylor at 140, he looked severely limited against an even more limited opponent. Afterwards he was dominated by Shawn Porter.

Back down at 140 he won a title against an opponent who recieved a ranking out of the blue. He then proceeded to miss weight against the next opponent. At another catchweight against Granados, he literally scraped a win against him aswell.

He was outclassed by Garcia, and scored a draw against Vargas which was a good scorecard. Now, he has been outclassed against Pacquiao.

Now when people say that Broner has all of this talent... where is it? The only time he has displayed it is when he was much bigger than his opponents. I think his resume proves exactly what level Broner actually is, which I think is perhaps lower top 10 at either 140/147.

Comment

Broner is a joke and always has been he was so rubbish he made manny looked good. Broner must be related to Trump he has no shame and if mayweather gives manny a rematch it will be just the same as the first fight.

Comment

The same s.hiit Chavez Jr was smoking when he got KTFO against Fonfara

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  I didn’t score the fight and fast Forwarded to the scores because I wanted to go For a run as soon as it ended , I’ll be honest though I thought the 1 judge gave him 2 rounds , 1 of them 3 rounds , and the last Judge 4 rounds

I think if I actually scored the fight how I usually do it probably be about 4 rounds. But I’d have to watch it again to give my definite scorecard

Broner definitely won more then 2 like how Showtime was suggesting. I thought Broner as usual wasn’t throwing nearly enough to win but when he did they were crisp hard shots and did a decent job countering in many rounds , Manny as usual was throwing flurries but in many rounds wasn’t landing anything significant with the exception of the 3-4 rounds he hurt Broner. So in some rounds do you award Manny the round for being active but ineffective or Broner for being more effective but not active enough .
                  I usually tend to go with the harder shots over even if there are fewer of them when I score fights

But Showtime had the narrative set before the fight started and it seems like their going the way of HBO commentary which is kind of disappointing because for me they were always the best because they more often gave a honest account of fights

My bad though on saying the refs didn’t give Broner enough rounds , You’re straight catching all my f.uck ups today
                  haha all good man, not picking on ya.

but I guarantee when you score the fight you don't give Broner more than 3 rounds. I'm betting you give him 2 tbh.

Comment

He’s a troll. He didn’t even say he won a close fight he really thinks he dominated. I’d love to rewatch the fight with him and have him explain the rounds he won to me

Comment

Dude didnt smoke anything. His brain just got scrambled

Comment

Working...
                      X