Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANOTHER bs stoppage on a matchroom card!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER bs stoppage on a matchroom card!

This is getting ridiculous now. It’s on EVERY matchroom card and I’m not even exaggerating. Literally ever single one of there cards has a bs stoppage and somehow it’s always in the favour of there fighters.

The result was going to be Andrade anyway but now he has a TKO victory to make him look better. Plus I just feel bad for the fighter, going all them rounds to be waved off by the ref.

I don’t get how it’s always there cards though.

Are they using soft refs or something? Do they have different rules?

Feel bad for akavov, bless him

With Brit promoters come Brit stoppages. I used to be pumped about DAZN but the cards are crap.

Comment

Total bullshít stoppage. The fight was like 17 seconds or so from ending, let the man finish the fight. If I gambled on this, I'd be pissed.

Worst stoppage I've seen in a while.

Comment

So are you accusing American referee Arthur Mercante jr of being a corrupt official who accepted bribe money to stop the fight early?

Can we just confirm that's what you are saying here

Comment

I'm sure someone in the world lost their ass on that stoppage, it should've been Andrade by decision. That was fúcking horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            So are you accusing American referee Arthur Mercante jr of being a corrupt official who accepted bribe money to stop the fight early?

Can we just confirm that's what you are saying here
            Did you see the stoppage? Idk what it is, but it should've been Andrade by decision. People need to make noise about this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
              Did you see the stoppage? Idk what it is, but it should've been Andrade by decision. People need to make noise about this ****.
              I didn't agree with the stoppage but the referee has a totally different view to what we see on TV and is in a no win position a lot of the time. They have to make split second decisions. We are coming off a high profile fight that ended in tragedy recently.

Stopping a fighter who is ahead on the cards and isn't hurt strikes me as dodgy, stopping a guy who's getting schooled and has been hit upside the head 200 times... he may just have thought enough is enough

Being a ref is a thankless job.

Comment

Yeah totally, 30 more seconds and Akavov definitely would have gotten to him. You see, his strategy was to spend the first 35 and a half minutes biding his time and and come on strong at the last possible moment. Unfortunately the CORRUPT referee ruined it. What a black mark on the sport of boxing!

Comment

I wish the ref had spared us sooner.

Comment

If you agree with the result then be thankful he didn't take a single punch more.

What the hell do people want?

Comment

Working...
                    X