Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of the posts on facebook say that the fight was thrown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo knew he did not have a chance, so he quit.

He had nothing to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      It was a generalized statement. Casuals and average Joes often say a fight was fixed when things look weird. Some still think Tyson-Douglas was a fix.

A lot of fighters suck and get completely dominated and beaten worse than Rigo, but they don't quit. Rigo was losing clearly, but he wasn't getting embarrassed like Walters was, nor was he taking a serious beating.

Rigo's performance was bizarre I'll admit. Boxing is a strange sport sometimes. Maybe he just realized he got old overnight or maybe he really did hurt his hand and didn't want to continue. But I can't buy into the theory that he threw the fight.
      That is what I saw too, like he got old overnight. HE looked lost at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        It was a generalized statement. Casuals and average Joes often say a fight was fixed when things look weird. Some still think Tyson-Douglas was a fix.

A lot of fighters suck and get completely dominated and beaten worse than Rigo, but they don't quit. Rigo was losing clearly, but he wasn't getting embarrassed like Walters was, nor was he taking a serious beating.

Rigo's performance was bizarre I'll admit. Boxing is a strange sport sometimes. Maybe he just realized he got old overnight or maybe he really did hurt his hand and didn't want to continue. But I can't buy into the theory that he threw the fight.
        There was nothing bizarre about Rigo having no answer other than TRYING to double wrist lock Loma to hault the action as his go to move bc the angles were to much for him to even keep the fight close . Rigo knew he he needed a K.O after round 5 and became mentally defeated.

Boxing fans are the dumbest of the lot ,their so dumb at times they wouldn't realise they are the answer to this thread .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-10-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

To me it just looked like Rigo was beyond frustrated, and honestly maybe embarrassed that he just couldn't get anything done against Loma. He is used to being the commander and that was the first time he was handle that way, i think he just wanted out, but i don't think its some conspiracy thing, he was just frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            Rigo knew he did not have a chance, so he quit.

He had nothing to come back.
            Agreed. No conspiracy. Rigo is usually the far more talented fighter but he wasn't on this occasion, so he quit.

Comment

No question. Bob Arum bought Rigo to lose this fight, I think there's a higher possibility of fight being fixed than Rigo becoming less skilled than Marriaga all of a sudden

Comment

Put yourself in Rigo's shoes. You would would have probably quit too knowing that your opponent is levels above you. He was probably saying this to himself, "this ain't a dead even fight". Some guys take the good with the bad. Some guys don't.

Comment

Nah. The guy is too arrogant and conceited throwing a fight would be nonsensical.
                  He simply got overwhelmed by Loma's brilliant display of skills on both offense and defense. He couldn't keep up.
                  You gotta be an idiot not to see it.
                  And in his lack of humility, he's terrified of seeing himself get splattered on the floor.
                  Quitting is way worse, which he didn't even realize.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Marquez took way more damage than Floyd and was outclassed and embarrassed, but never quit.

Rigondeaux got dropped twice by Amasaga and the second time he was hurt bad, and never quit.

Why is it that so many average Joes watching the fight think the Rigo threw the fight?

I don't know what it and what is not, I just know that Rigo just flushed down his career in the toilet. How does he keep living after this? This was his life. He barely got hit, he stayed in the pocket to get hit too. He didn't use any of his skills, he just got there and decided to stay in one place and pull a high guard. First time I've seen him do that. Like, he didn't even try to move.

Marquez was never embarrassed. Floyd respected his boxing skills and couldn't get the KO.

Loma embarrassed Rigo

Comment

Gtfo

They must be insane or just pure hate towards Loma . His started to rock Rigo in that last round . He needs to be a man admit the size , speed and skill level was way beyond he could handle .. Best fight they can make is Loma versus Crawford but not happening since TC moved up so hopefully we'll get the next best thing Mikey vs Loma !! Great fun fight !!

Comment

Working...
                      X