Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imo ghost did better than cotto, had Floyd jumpin around like shabadoo in round 12. ghost did his best and never quit comin. lost on points but gave Floyd biggest challenge since the delahoya fight. great fight

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      For many of his WW fights, his opponents fought that many or even less yet you guys were not complaining .......

Fights at WW prior to Floyd:
      - Marquez = 0
      - Hatton = 1
      - Ortiz = 1
      - Guerrero = 2
      - Sharmba = 1

Khan would be next with 0 fights but unfortunately his chin is not cooperating.

Well at least you admit that Floyd is a cherry picker but to say that he earned it is hilarious!
      So Money should fight everybody we want him too thus granting HUGE paydays to every tom, dick and harry...The man make 32 mil a fight and receive over 1 mill PPV per fight, like it or not he is a superstar and thus has EARNED the right to cherry pick.

The same goes for the Pac-Man, he has also earned the right to cherry-pick...just like the Golden Boy and Sugar before him. After a while when you get to that status, you stop fighting all comers and cherry pick your opponents...remember this is a business and I don't view cherry-picking as a negative when you get to that level of STARDOM.

You act like Money has been a career 147 lber, the man started his career at 130. Money is nothing but a blown up light-weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
        imo ghost did better than cotto, had Floyd jumpin around like shabadoo in round 12. ghost did his best and never quit comin. lost on points but gave Floyd biggest challenge since the delahoya fight. great fight
        Money came out trying to use what they worked on in camp repeatedly, lead right hands. The Ghost has a habit of leaning and falling asleep in the ring, in round 8, Money woke him up with a mixed attack of body shots and looping right hands.

Money kept the distance, and took away the Ghost's sight and punching opportunities. The Ghost should have just let the shots fly against Money anyway even if there is nothing to see, it can open Money up to make a mistake, but it didn't happen and as the fight moved on and Money started to dominate, it was clear the Ghost was staring face to face with the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          Of course he would, Floyds a 154lb champ and Lucas is a champ at 140 knowing Floyd though he probably is gonna cherry pick somebody from 140 for his next fight typical Floyd.
          Mathysse would have been eaten alive by floyd at 140, where he actually threw combinations and hit for power.

Comment

• i dont know what they worked on in camp but floyds always been able to land that lead right laser on southpaws. ghost did his best n pressed from bell to bell. floyd clearly won more rounds, imo had at least one dominant round where i started to think he was gonna go for it somewhere around the 8 or 9, whichever round it was, he dominated that one. if u a floyd fan u say dominated or picked ghost apart but if u honest u say floyd did his thing landing precision counters outlanding ghost 2 or 3 to one and took a clear decision. that scatback jumpin bean dance he was doin in there in the twelf shows u how quick his feet still are and dispells the use of the word dominant. if he did dominate, he woulda went on and chopped up ghost which is exactly what woulda happened if ghost woulda went in blind swingin. ghost fought the best he could, there's no simple plan to beat floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinbrawler316 View Post
              Easy win for Floyd he's a great defensive fighter better then Whitaker imo I hope he mans up though and fights Canelo.
              Dude, I agree with you and I'd love to see Mayweather v.s. Canelo but realistically, Mayweather is perhaps too small. he walks around at 155 and Canelo walks around probably over 175. I think Floyd can fight the smaller Jr. Middleweight guys but a bonified jr would be asking alot. I'd like to see it cause the money would be crazy and I really do feel Canelo is too slow. In the event that Floyd wins everyone will then demand Martinez. There is no end to who he'd be expected to fight before he's considered one of the greatest to lace them up.

Comment

• also, i think if the winner of the mathysse-peterson fight fights danny garcia, then the winner of that fight becomes a viable opponent for floyd at catchweight. whoever it is dont have a chance in hell against floyd but will be big enough name to sell. 5 more fights for what they payin showtime will want big enough events. u know? right now, who is mathysse? is that maravillas little brother or what? u know?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
                  imo ghost did better than cotto, had Floyd jumpin around like shabadoo in round 12. ghost did his best and never quit comin. lost on points but gave Floyd biggest challenge since the delahoya fight. great fight
                  Lmmfao! I hope you're not serious.

Comment

• im as serious as i was when i picked ghost to win thinkin all the recent changes floyd went thru would take off his focus. how wrong can i b? thats a good fight right there, nobodys gonna trap floyd on the ropes and beat him up. ghost kept trying and thats all u can do. that was as good as it gets. cotto tried too, no cigar. shane won like 2 rounds. oscar started packin up about halfway thru the fight. canelo? he weighs more but he's onlly 5'8' and for all his accurate sharp punching, he's not so difficult to hit and v floyd will b matched with a faster precise hitter who is defensively invisible. i dont think thats a mystery to team canelo so look for them to defer the match until he gets a few more key wins under his belt to max out the purse n then they'll make the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      So Money should fight everybody we want him too thus granting HUGE paydays to every tom, dick and harry...The man make 32 mil a fight and receive over 1 mill PPV per fight, like it or not he is a superstar and thus has EARNED the right to cherry pick.

The same goes for the Pac-Man, he has also earned the right to cherry-pick...just like the Golden Boy and Sugar before him. After a while when you get to that status, you stop fighting all comers and cherry pick your opponents...remember this is a business and I don't view cherry-picking as a negative when you get to that level of STARDOM.

You act like Money has been a career 147 lber, the man started his career at 130. Money is nothing but a blown up light-weight.
                      First of all, the last time Floyd didn't fight an opponent that was for 147/154 division was 8 years ago. For some that is a career! Either way you look at it, its a long time. To say that Floyd is a blown up light weight is a joke. Floyd didn't even make the 144 limit against Marquez. Floyd looked bigger than Mosley in their fight. That is no lightweight.

What you need to realize is that Floyd is a gym rat so he doesn't gain a lot of weight between fights. That can be advantageous since during training camp Floyd just concentrates on training so he can tweak his skills and get into even better shape so he can get to another level instead of worrying about losing weight in which can weaken him and possibly give him stamina issues.

Secondly, we are not talking about a division that he has never been to before. His last fight prior to Guerrero was at 154. He even holds a title there and is considered P4P #1. So not sure what the complaining is about. Funny that you say that he only fought twice but Marquez, who really was a blown up light-weight had to jump nearly 3 divisions to fight Floyd at the age of 36. Hopkins moved up divisions at age of 40+ ..... but Floyd should be different? Why? Like you said, "He needs to cherry pick?"

SRL fought Hagler, Hearn, Duran,... So SRL shouldn't have fought these guys because it was too risky?
                      Oscar's last few fights included the bigger Hopkins and he even fought Floyd when Oscar, the part time boxer, was clearly out of prime and his own trainer said "Oscar can't pull the trigger". So Oscar shouldn't have fought these guys because it was too risky?

Many fighters have done what you are saying that Floyd shouldn't ever do.

The same goes for Manny. While I have no problem with his pick considering its a come back fight, prior to that I criticized some of his picks.
                      Last edited by ADP02; 05-14-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X