Collapse
No announcement yet.

So sad to see Matthysse lose like this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's starting to quit now in tough fights. First against Postol and now against Pacquiao. Some might even say he quit against Garcia. Not a good sign at all.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Haven’t watched the fight probably wont

But no one should be suprised, Lucas is the most over rated fighter the last 10 years, always came up short , he’s been done for years as a top echelon fighter and probably never was one to begin with he went life and death with Molina years ago and had they practically gave him a strap when he fought that Thai factory worker and he looked like absolute sh.it in that fight
      Matty doesn’t even deserve to be in the same arena as Pac-Man let alone share the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        I’ve always like Matthysse. This was a guy who, 7 years prior, was seen as this feared, devastating KO artist and the second coming to Julian Jackson at the time. He didn’t live up to his full potential and since his losses to Garcia and Postol he just wasn’t the same fighter anymore. He was really unfortunate to have been in the ring with another fighter who just happens to be an ATG legend with some fight left in him. It was pitiful to see him look helpless and not fight the same aggressive style he’s known for.
        I hope Matthysse retires for good. He’s had a good career and will always remember him for his exciting style and good fights.
        Same here big Lucas fan but man his heart has completely left boxing he needs to hang em up ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I don't feel bad for him at all. I've always felt he has lacked something mentally and damn near always fell short in the big fights. Obviously has the big win over Peterson, but should have beaten Judah clearly at that point of his career but he let it be close, thought he beat Alexander and that was a bad decision, but late vs Garcia he got discouraged and we all know what happened against Postol and Pacman. If things aren't going his way, he's not going to fight through. Doesn't have that type of character.
          I agree. He had a solid career, but he was definitely overhyped for a time as his fans hyped him as some unstoppable machine when he has a track record of becoming discouraged and mentally checking out when he's unable to get his offense going. In the Garcia fight he looked resigned to defeat prior to being dropped and made excuses after the fact. And it was the same tune against Postol-- he claimed he quit because of an eye injury, but even in the rounds prior he had checked out and was only going through the motions. And we saw that again tonight, he looked tentative and discouraged throughout, and took a knee before quitting a few rounds later. Boxer/punchers are a bad style matchup for him.

Props to Manny though, he looked a lot sharper than in his last few outings.
          Last edited by Caxcan; 07-15-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            for those who say mathysse was never that good probably have never seen the lamont petersen fight

even spence couldnt do what mathysse did to him
            A Pacman KO brings Puga back.

I wonder who else will come out the woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              So sad to see him lose to a cheating roid abuser
              LOL! When Froid fan accuses any fighter of roid use!

Comment

It was a really flat performance from him. A lot of that is due to him struggling to control the pace against an opponent with a better gameplan, but it was a very subdued, passive and demoralised looking Matthysse in there. The thing is, this has become the norm for him, in the Viktor Postol fight and every fight subsequent you really get the feeling that if the opponent's controlling the fight better he just goes into his shell and starts feeling sorry for himself. The best example of this in the Pacquiao fight was him taking a knee in round 5 despite the actual damaging body punch coming a few seconds prior, him not really looking all that badly hurt, Pacquiao only throwing jabs and not really pressing him super hard, and there being like ten seconds left in the round, a round that up until that point was probably his most successful. I'm sure the power is still there but he just looks mentally and physically fragile. I'm sure he made good money off this fight, now's surely the time to hang them up.

Comment

Not to take anything away from Buboy Fernandez but I thought binging in Justin Fortune Pacmans old Conditioning coach from Hollywood was the right thing! Freddie is old skool and after Alex Ariza I guess he didn't care for a conditioning coach.

Matthysse was winded after three rounds. He was the younger fighter by 4 years. Yet Manny was clearly in better condition.

I was surprised to see Justin Fortune belting out advice like he was the head trainer.

Comment

Fought like a SNATCH... Hopefully we never see a televised fight featuring Lucas ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                      Not to take anything away from Buboy Fernandez but I thought binging in Justin Fortune Pacmans old Conditioning coach from Hollywood was the right thing! Freddie is old skool and after Alex Ariza I guess he didn't care for a conditioning coach.

Matthysse was winded after three rounds. He was the younger fighter by 4 years. Yet Manny was clearly in better condition.

I was surprised to see Justin Fortune belting out advice like he was the head trainer.
                      Justin Fortune was Manny's conditioning coach for his previous fight with Jeff Horn. Big mouth Fortune constantly flapped his gums about how Jeff Horn would be demolished easily by Pac. Fortune was a complete idiot in regards to his arrogance and ignorance to Horn's toughness and ability. There's no indication as to whether Manny was better conditioned for this fight than he was for the Horn fight because the fight with Matthysse was fought at a MUCH slower pace and Manny wasn't getting hit and bullied....., not to mention the damn fight only lasted 7 rounds. I actually think Pac looked much more flat footed and less elusive because Matthysse was less threatening than Horn at this point in their respective careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X