Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What moments in boxing were electrifying to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute top moment - Terrible going southpaw against Pac

Vazquez - Marquez III, after an absolutely brutal war (which I thought Rafa was winning), seeing if Rafa could last to victory (turned out he lost a SD) as Izzy tagged that ass.

Of course Corrales - Castillo I "you better effin get inside on him now" how was Goose so calm and direct?

What i like is that sometimes the most electric moments just happen w/out your expectation:

Valero v. Mosquero - Panama City was pushing for their guy HARD. I could feel the electricity through the TV set. Valero was taxing that ass, but Mosquero had a turnaround for some of the middle rounds and the arena exploded and kept pushing... vainly

Seeing Martin Castillo, one of my favorites, just completely undress Alex Munoz, who was an absolute killer.

Brewster v Liakovich (sp) going to war as most HWs dont.

young Gallo Estrada - completely unknown to me -- giving Chocolatito hell in their fight.

old JM Marquez proving that he was still a champ v. Juan Diaz.

crafty Siri Salido just dominating JuanMa Lopez

Chino Maidana taxing Broner

i could go on.

Oh, and the one that turned me on to boxing. Seeing a young Mexican kid with a Mexifro (like me) absolutely school Little Red Lopez. I had seen Mexican boxers as the stereotype "tough, but not technically skilled" -- Well Sal Sanchez was tough AND absolutely skilled.

I was also a big Holmes fan. Seeing him undress Cooney was big. And also, for some reason, seeing him dropkick a dude off a car was something that sticks in my mind.
    Last edited by SensFullViolenc; 04-19-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

oh snap, I just youtubed the Holmes drop-kick on Berbick "Larry Holmes kicked me! and punched me!"

I didnt realize that Berbick called Holmes wife a prostitute!! Homie deserved that drop-kick!

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
        Absolute top moment - Terrible going southpaw against Pac

Vazquez - Marquez III, after an absolutely brutal war (which I thought Rafa was winning), seeing if Rafa could last to victory (turned out he lost a SD) as Izzy tagged that ass.

Of course Corrales - Castillo I "you better effin get inside on him now" how was Goose so calm and direct?

What i like is that sometimes the most electric moments just happen w/out your expectation:

Valero v. Mosquero - Panama City was pushing for their guy HARD. I could feel the electricity through the TV set. Valero was taxing that ass, but Mosquero had a turnaround for some of the middle rounds and the arena exploded and kept pushing... vainly

Seeing Martin Castillo, one of my favorites, just completely undress Alex Munoz, who was an absolute killer.

Brewster v Liakovich (sp) going to war as most HWs dont.

young Gallo Estrada - completely unknown to me -- giving Chocolatito hell in their fight.

old JM Marquez proving that he was still a champ v. Juan Diaz.

crafty Siri Salido just dominating JuanMa Lopez

Chino Maidana taxing Broner

i could go on.

Oh, and the one that turned me on to boxing. Seeing a young Mexican kid with a Mexifro (like me) absolutely school Little Red Lopez. I had seen Mexican boxers as the stereotype "tough, but not technically skilled" -- Well Sal Sanchez was tough AND absolutely skilled.

I was also a big Holmes fan. Seeing him undress Cooney was big. And also, for some reason, seeing him dropkick a dude off a car was something that sticks in my mind.

That was Trevor Berbick he dropped kicked off the car, lol.

Comment

Floyd vs hatton
          Marquez vs pacquiao 4
          Rahman vs lewis
          Pacquiao vs hatton
          Castillo vs Corrales
          pavlik vs taylor
          Hopkins vs Trinidad
          De la hoya vs vargas

I jumped out of my seat on all of these fights

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            That was Trevor Berbick he dropped kicked off the car, lol.
            "Its Larry Holmes! Larry Holmes kicked me and punched me!" LOL

I knew it was one of those 80s contenders, I just couldnt remember which one.

Comment

Mayweather-Hatton
              Marquez-Pacquiao IV

Comment

So many but I'll give two off the top of my head. 1. Felix "Tito" Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas them first 30 seconds when Tito landed that left hook started it. 2. Floyd getting cracked by Mosely then Floyd putting a spanking on him.

Comment

Pt. I I

* "Chiquita" Gonzalez Vs. Carbajal #1

* Marquez vs. Diaz I

* "El Terrible" Morales Vs. Zaragoza (The start of an era)

* Chavez Vs. DE LA Hoya (The atmosphere was electric in Vegas, It split families in half... lol)

* JC Superstar Vs. Haugen in Mexico City

To be continued...

Comment

I don't think anything in boxing history comes close to Charles Martin winning THE HEAVYWEIGHT title..

Comment

Last round of Martinez vs Chavez jr had me going nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X