Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Thomas Hearns is in Modern Boxing right now who do you think would fight him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Thomas Hearns is in Modern Boxing right now who do you think would fight him?

Pacquiao? A Mismatch of the greatest proportions. Would be an another Roberto Duran moment

Floyd? Doesn't even fight Margo.

The modern boxers I could only think who would at least be competetive or has a chance of beating Hearns is

GGG (He just need to check Hearn's chin), Paul Williams (Size and Punchers chance) , Martinez (If the Left hook lands) and Margarito ( Size and Punchers Chance.)

Brandon Rios will fuck him up.

Comment

Everybody who would get paid well would fight him,90s wws would give him rough time.

Comment

Nobody outside of Floyd has anything for him at 147 and even then...Tommy is a bad fantasy matchup for Floyd due to his proportions. 154? Outside of Canelo I fear for the rest. Andrade has serious skills too but he'd probably get put away if you have Vanes rocking your world. Lara is interesting. At 160 it's more interesting with GGG as he is bigger and potentially durable enough to take a couple shots and he also has a good style for Tommy but ONLY if he can take some of the shots. People keep saying that all GGG would have to do is touch him on the chin but what happens if Tommy hits GGG with one of his vicious uppercuts? If Kel can at least buzz you to an extent a Tommy uppercut on GGG will look like a Tyson-Douglas one since GGG doesnt quite see em coming. Also, unlike Hagler, GGG isnt giving that southpaw angle which tends to give everyone issues so this fight would be amazing while it lasts. For now, you have to go with Tommy by default/skill/resume. Not that GGG isnt gold enough..he may well be and he might be better but he'll have to show us against someone his size.

I do think Thurman, Porter, Brook, Bradley and possibly Khan wouldn't duck Tommy but those would end violently. So violently. Maybe I'm too high on Brook but if any of them has a ghost of a chance for the upset it'd be him. Could Khan possibly get more knocked out than vs Canelo? Dude's KOs get progressively worse.

Expect Floyd, Pac, and especially Danny (Garcia and Jacobs and the rest of the MW division) to duck him like the plague. Tommy was a huge name so I don't see Canelo ducking him it'd make too much sense.

Comment

If Thomas Hearns is in Modern Boxing right now who do you think would fight him?

No one,they would avoid him like the plague!
          -Brandon Rios would get KO in 15 seconds of the 1st rnd.
          -Margarito would get KTFO in 2 rnds
          -Paul Williams would get KTFO in 4 rnds
          -Martinez would get ko in the 5 rnd
          -Floyd would get dropped 3 times & lose a unaminous dec. by holding for dear life, might get disqualify...
          -GGG would be a good fight, This fight will be won by who gets to who first, i think Hearns gets to him first because off his size , reach, speed & power. Hearns by 6 round KO in a war of epic proportions!

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post

No one,they would avoid him like the plague!
            -Brandon Rios would get KO in 15 seconds of the 1st rnd.
            -Margarito would get KTFO in 2 rnds
            -Paul Williams would get KTFO in 4 rnds
            -Martinez would get ko in the 5 rnd
            -Floyd would get dropped 3 times & lose a unaminous dec. by holding for dear life, might get disqualify...
            -GGG would be a good fight, This fight will be won by who gets to who first, i think Hearns gets to him first because off his size , reach, speed & power. Hearns by 6 round KO in a war of epic proportions!
            all sources say that dude had 203 reach,Wtf is this true?,i saw him fight but never thought his reach is that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Pacquiao? A Mismatch of the greatest proportions. Would be an another Roberto Duran moment

Floyd? Doesn't even fight Margo.

The modern boxers I could only think who would at least be competetive or has a chance of beating Hearns is

GGG (He just need to check Hearn's chin), Paul Williams (Size and Punchers chance) , Martinez (If the Left hook lands) and Margarito ( Size and Punchers Chance.)
              If you think any puncher can beat Hearns because of perceived chin problems then you don't understand boxing. Hearns would outbox the hell out of Golovkin and lets not forget he didn't go down once against Hagler. Hearns has the speed of both hand and foot, reach, and power to keep Golovkin honest and off of him. If Golovkin thinks he can "let" Hearns hit him then it is going to be a very early night. Hearns uppercut alone is enough to give Golovkin problems.

Hearns by knockout 6.

Comment

Golovkin is seriously the only top fighter from 147-160 that I think would willingly fight Tommy Hearns.
                Last edited by bojangles1987; 10-11-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I think Porter would fight him,because he's crazy, and Guerrero would get knocked into oblivion for the right amount of money. At Junior middle it gets a bit interesting with all of the huge slick fighters. I'm not 100 on him running the gauntlet against Andrade,the brothers Charlo, Lara,J Rock,Lubin,Canelo,etc. I think Golovkin sleeps him though.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                    I think Porter would fight him,because he's crazy, and Guerrero would get knocked into oblivion for the right amount of money. At Junior middle it gets a bit interesting with all of the huge slick fighters. I'm not 100 on him running the gauntlet against Andrade,the brothers Charlo, Lara,J Rock,Lubin,Canelo,etc. I think Golovkin sleeps him though.
                    Hmmm...Tommy Hearns is a legend, so I'll wait & see what these Jr. middlewgts do thru-out their career. But it's really not fair to Hearns, to have him compared with fighters that haven't done anything yet...

Comment

Working...
                    X