No announcement yet.

Why CrossFit Sucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
    oh man.... accident waiting to happen....

I also forgot to mention that these idiots in the video are what give rise to other idiots like Matt Furey.

Comment

I wouldnt say it sucks. I would say that video and that gym teaching that bad technique sucks.

Ross Enamait, a former boxer and a current conditioning coach, he uses the same principles as crossfit. he doesn't follow any routine of it, but much of it is the same. he uses snatches (olympic lift) for conditioning and strength as an example. he's got a few books out that are worth looking into.

I dont do crossfit but it has it's purpose. They have crossfit football, crossfit endurance (for marathons) etc.

Like with any workout routine, it all depends on your goals. boxers arent going to use a bodybuilding program....right?

Comment

Ross trains with a certain purpose, though the individual exercises may look like Crossfit style, he has a sample program in his manuals where its setup to ensure all areas of fitness are tackled, and that tapering is touched upon.

There's no specific program for Crossfit, its so random that they will give you a random answer when you ask them what they are training for.

Comment

Working...
        X