No announcement yet.

New Boxing Hopeful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boxing Hopeful

Hello, I am a new student at OSU, and I found out recently that they give free boxing lessons here.

Anyways, the class is filled up, but not many will show up, so I'll probably sneak in. I haven't had any experiencing boxing at all, just fighting. I'm 18 and weigh 140, about 5'11.5", and am broad about the shoulders. I'm left handed too, don't know how that affects learning. My endurance is ok at best.

If I work my ass off, can I become a decent boxer?

left handed gives you an advantage in the ring but trainers hate to train in revrse

insist that they do so that you can walk right handed boxers onto your punches with ease. then learn right handed too so you can switch mid-round

the rest can easily be worked on

Comment

Sorry to say this man, but if it's a boxing class and it's completely free, then it's probably just a cardio class. I doubt it's a serious boxing class in terms of learning how to box. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Try it out and tell us how the classes are set up.

Comment

Well, it turns out that the classes are entirely full, and suprisingly people are showing up for them.

I have a connection to the coach though and I'll ask if he's got an extra spot.

From what I've hear they gotta pretty good bunch. He's got the new guys and girls doing a LOT of endurance exercises.

Since I'm kinda out of shape (and on my own), I've been doing strength training (with lifting heavy weights quickly) on Mon, Wed, and Fri, then doing cardio and toning on Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday I do a little of both.

I've cut soda out of my diet and started eating on schedule and planning what I'm going to eat. I'm also taking vitamins, drinking more water, and stretching in the morning and before bed.

Now I just need to start boxing (and refining my exercising).

Any suggestions please?

Comment

don't lose the drive.

Comment

Working...
          X