No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    To an extent, thats true. Imo, the jab will immediately be there, but cotto has got to work behind it, and get something else going/find something else effective. The jab alone, floyd will figure out. With that said, cotto has a better jab than any of floyds previous opponents.
    I think Oscar's jab was better for the purpose of beating Mayweather, because Cotto very often uses his as a power punch, which is good in general but not very relevant for fighting Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      To an extent, thats true. Imo, the jab will immediately be there, but cotto has got to work behind it, and get something else going/find something else effective. The jab alone, floyd will figure out. With that said, cotto has a better jab than any of floyds previous opponents.
      It will be there as soon as the bell ring because Mayweather did not have a chance to counter it yet. I agree he needs (cotto) needs to build off of that but I just do not see it. His stamina is another big question mark for me and we all know floyd will be in shape to go all 12. I see a huge UD for Mayweather.

Comment

• Key phrase: "Cotto's comfortable weight", whatever that means. Remember Cotto wanted Margo at a weight lower than 154.

If this fight happens anywhere below 154, then it becomes both a 'leftover' and a 'catchweight' fight.

Comment

• Mayweather will allow Cotto to fight at his own pace. When Cotto is allowed to fight at his pace he is very methodical and effective. Anyone thinking Cotto is going to be easy pickings for Floyd it's going to be in for a huge surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
            Miguel Cotto is too Slow for Floyd Mayweather.
            He was too slow for Mosley too and he won the fight........

He was too slow for Zab Judah and he won the fight.........

If Bruseles was able to hit Mayweather and Bruseles is the slowest MFer out there why does Cotto has to be fast?

Mosley and Judah both caught Mayweather with a sissy punch and then let him recover something that Cotto would never do.
            Last edited by javielo; 02-02-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• To save people reading the thread:

Cotto's now a live opponent to certain floyd fans whereas before he was shot.

Cotto's now shot and pointless to certain pac fans whereas before he was a live opponent and a worthy win.

No joke, I've just saved you an hour.

Comment

• cotto needs to fight like "prime" cotto wouldve... inside game... punish the body... work that jab....

wish cotto the best on this one... there are some variables that favor cotto. i hope he capitalizes on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  I was thinking about this...it's soooo tough to find someone that can emulate Floyd.

Thinking maybe a Stevie Forbes? But he may be too small and too slow. Floyd is one of a kind.
                  broner! ha ha ha! nah he's just a total wannabe!

Comment

• Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
                    To save people reading the thread:

Cotto's now a live opponent to certain floyd fans whereas before he was shot.

Cotto's now shot and pointless to certain pac fans whereas before he was a live opponent and a worthy win.

No joke, I've just saved you an hour.
                    haha to add..

*****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
                    *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the worst fans in the century!

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                      Please stop calling Cotto a mexican
                      lol plenty of mexicans are probably pissed off at that as well as the PR brothers. LOL isms are funny if not sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X