Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius vs Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a waste of my life discussing this with you, you won't change your opinion based on anything I say

94% of voters disagree with you however.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      it's a waste of my life discussing this with you, you won't change your opinion based on anything I say

94% of voters disagree with you however.
      Let's be blunt, 94% of the voters don't know shit.

Do you actually want me to believe what you do?

How boring, a discussion where everyone has the same POV.

Will I change my opinion on things you say?

No, because you're speaking nonsensical rubbish e.g Fury having an inside game. The only person who can change my opinion about Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury.

As you find it a waste of time discussing, why not go watch some Helenius?

I have no dislike towards Fury or you, Earl.

But please just go watch Helenius, spend 3 minutes of the round looking at his feet, his right hand, his left hand. Fury & Helenius are both big men and that's a big advantage in today's heavyweight division.

But Helenius is a world class, highly skilled big man who's quite light on his feet. Keeps his right hand up when he throws the jab and moves around the ring well. You can see him thinking his way through the fight, not to mention his devastating power. Look at his punch technique compared to Fury's.

There is nothing Fury does better than Helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

No, because you're speaking nonsensical rubbish e.g Fury having an inside game. The only person who can change my opinion about Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury.

But please just go watch Helenius, spend 3 minutes of the round looking at his feet, his right hand, his left hand. Fury & Helenius are both big men and that's a big advantage in today's heavyweight division.

But Helenius is a world class, highly skilled big man who's quite light on his feet. Keeps his right hand up when he throws the jab and moves around the ring well. You can see him thinking his way through the fight, not to mention his devastating power. Look at his punch technique compared to Fury's.

i've seen enough of Helenius.

He's pretty good from mid range, but he's not quick enough on his feet to avoid anyone faster than a statue from getting up on him, and at that stage, he's got nothing, ZERO

You can't be "world class" with such a glaring, massive hole in your game. It's not like Wlad, where it's next to impossile to get inside, 40 year old Sherman Williams even managed it when he could be bothered trying

Helenius man...

not good

Oh, and I like you too, i'd just rather disucuss something else as we have been through this soooooooo many times, and I feel like we could just go on forever with neither ever agreeing on anyhthing related to Fury

(watch Fury go and lose to tony grano after all the effort i put into defending him LOL)

Comment

the main thing with Helenius was that he got exposed.

and not in the way Fury got exposed by mcdermott in a fight that was competetive when he was a 20 year old novice who was out of shape.

no, he got exposed as a 27 year old, experianced, in his prime, in shape contender.

By Chisora

Whos domestic level

Schooled

Dominated

And the "injured" excuse doesn't work anymore because when Williams applied some of the same sort of pressure, Helenius wilted again and almost got knocked out

And he certainly wont be improving at his age

Comment

tyson fury easy. helenius is an overrated tomato can. his biggest win (chisora) was a clear robbery...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

oh PLEASE!! he might be light on his feet, but he is not word class or highly skilled. his biggest win was a hometown robbery, and he will get crushed by any top heavy's. i would pick fury to beat him now. helenius is not as great as you think. this is of course opinion, but I happen to think yours is silly. no offense of course...

Comment

Fury by UD (as long as the judges don't rob him like they did to Chisora) or Helenius by KO/TKO it would all depend on how good Fury's chin is.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  i've seen enough of Helenius.

He's pretty good from mid range, but he's not quick enough on his feet to avoid anyone faster than a statue from getting up on him, and at that stage, he's got nothing, ZERO

You can't be "world class" with such a glaring, massive hole in your game. It's not like Wlad, where it's next to impossile to get inside, 40 year old Sherman Williams even managed it when he could be bothered trying

Helenius man...

not good

Oh, and I like you too, i'd just rather disucuss something else as we have been through this soooooooo many times, and I feel like we could just go on forever with neither ever agreeing on anyhthing related to Fury

(watch Fury go and lose to tony grano after all the effort i put into defending him LOL)
                  Helenius is quite nimble on his feet and has good reflexes for a man of his size. Definitely quicker than Fury but also a lot more schooled in that aspect. Fury pushes his arms out to keep an opponent off where as Helenius will use his movement and if that fails, ducks and initiates a clinch or some form of defence which nullifies the opposition's attack. Not saying his defence is impenetrable as it's a very simple technique but something which Fury lacks.

In terms of flaws & weaknesses... that's the only thing Fury beats Helenius in. If Helenius' inside game was so poor then Chisora would've won and he wouldn't have beaten the sort of fighters he already has. Even still, a simple jab & grab technique is not hard to learn. Helenius was out of the ring for nearly a year after having a big surgery on his shoulder, why does the Williams fight matter.

It's good to see him [Fury] dedicate more of his time to boxing and get in shape. That will definitely help him in the long run. He's an entertaining fighter who'll put on some great fights but ultimately fail at the final hurdle. There is no shame in being a European champion or world title contender.

Comment

Compared to Fury, Helenius is a highly skilled, world class operator.

For one he actually has proper punch technique, uses movement and has good boxing IQ. Devastating power with good footwork and hand speed. Chin isn't granite but it's still solid.

Helenius doesn't respond well to pressure but he has the tools and ability to be able to. Jab & grab isn't something that needs to be ingrained early on when you start boxing but a basic defence is.

Fury's win over Chisora doesn't have any relevance with Helenius-Chisora.

Chisora is better than domestic and proved against Vitali how good that version of him is. Even in the controversial victory over Chisora, Helenius has never looked as vulnerable as Fury has at times.

Comment

Based on that even Chisora, who almost beat Vitali, couldn't beat even one armed Helenius, I would say Helenius with huge KO.
                      Last edited by jiopsi; 11-12-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X