No announcement yet.

Wilder Walking Out At Staples Center Poll Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder Walking Out At Staples Center Poll Thread

Had to re do this one because I had it at Barclays center. You probable blame that on some wilder fans I was next to yesterday and some IQ points fell off me, but that's neither here or there.

From a scale from 1 to 3 being the worst has any Hw champion received as much hostility and backlash on his own turf? This video really lets you hear what was not on live broadcasting. It sparked my interest.

Scale of 1..Semi Bad
    0.00%
    Scale of 2. Very Bad
    50.00%
    Scale 3. A record level Extremely bad
    50.00%

I mean you use HW champ, but when it involves a popular Brit fighter, this is par for the course. Just look at BHop vs Calzaghe and especially Mayweather vs Hatton. The "home" fighter was the one dealing with the hostility.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I mean you use HW champ, but when it involves a popular Brit fighter, this is par for the course. Just look at BHop vs Calzaghe and especially Mayweather vs Hatton. The "home" fighter was the one dealing with the hostility.
      B Hopkins and Wilder have a major thing in common however. They played the race card and Mayweather has never fought outside Vegas so that point isn't actually valid because he had all the advantages as would wilder at Barclays. Are you saying Wilder doesn't have all this support his fan base claim? no likeable fighter is going to be greeted this way ,at least ive never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        B Hopkins and Wilder have a major thing in common however. They played the race card and Mayweather has never fought outside Vegas so that point isn't actually valid because he had all the advantages as would wilder at Barclays. Are you saying Wilder doesn't have all this support his fan base claim? no likeable fighter is going to be greeted this way ,at least ive never seen it.
        Floyd never fought in Vegas? Huh, he didn't start fighting primarily in Vegas up until the Judah fight.

Wilder's fights have good turn outs where ever they are at. Brings a good crowd in his hometown or the Barclays.

But like I said, put a fight with a popular Brit fighter and they will take over the arena.

Comment

More proof how disliked Wilder is!

Comment

Floyd never fought in Vegas? Huh, he didn't start fighting primarily in Vegas up until the Judah fight.

Wilder's fights have good turn outs where ever they are at. Brings a good crowd in his hometown or the Barclays.

But like I said, put a fight with a popular Brit fighter and they will take over the arena.
            Wilder is a Vegas champion so that is the point as is Wilder a U.S champion who should have the advantage. fury isn't really even known over here he had fought at MSG in his U.S debut years ago how does that make hima popular Brit here ?

Comment

Wilder is a Vegas champion so that is the point as is Wilder a U.S champion who should have the advantage. fury isn't really even known over here he had fought at MSG in his U.S debut years ago how does that make hima popular Brit here ?
              Popular Brit in general. Not saying popular in the States...Which he is now after the fight btw. No one travels likes the Brits, that has been proven.

Comment

To me all the WWF walkout nonsense is annoying. I tune in to watch boxing.

Comment

Popular Brit in general. Not saying popular in the States...Which he is now after the fight btw. No one travels likes the Brits, that has been proven.
                  This is also unproven with Lennox Lewis who had no large fan base .

Comment

This is also unproven with Lennox Lewis who had no large fan base .
                    Lennox still did good numbers and was popular than most of the American fighters. His fan base wasn't as rabid as say Hatton's, but still a good one. Do you think Hopkins/Calzaghe were able to do a $11 million gate due to Hopkins?

Comment

Working...
                    X