No announcement yet.

BoxRec: Jeff Horn higher on P4P than Wilder, Tank Davis and Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    He's not better than Tank. Horn is a horrible fighter. Worst I've seen in years.
    Nah, worst fighter in years don't beat guys like Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      So basically, Bradley would be Top 10 if he came back and fought a bum.
      Bradley most definitely has a better resume than all three combined and they would be happy to have Bradley’s career. Bad example.

I think you’re misunderstanding though. Horn isnt better than any of those. But he has a better win than any of them. The irony is in the facts and the shallowness of resumes from those three guys and the subjectiveness of p4p.

Everyone knows boxrec’s p4p is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Bradley most definitely has a better resume than all three combined and they would be happy to have Bradley’s career. Bad example.
        Come on. Bradley beat Junior Witter, Marquez and Manny - and of those, people think Manny was robbed. That leaves two good names in Junior Witter and Marquez.

Meanwhile, there are two ways to beat Bradley and one way to beat Horn, while there is no known formula for beating Wilder, Tank or Saunders.

I'm a Bradley fan all the same, but let's just be honest. Wins and losses have to matter at least somewhat.

Comment

Come on. Bradley beat Junior Witter, Marquez and Manny - and of those, people think Manny was robbed. That leaves two good names in Junior Witter and Marquez.

Meanwhile, there are two ways to beat Bradley and one way to beat Horn, while there is no known formula for beating Wilder, Tank or Saunders.

I'm a Bradley fan all the same, but let's just be honest. Wins and losses have to matter at least somewhat.
          What? Witter was all hype. I wouldn’t even mention him over Jessie Vargas or fat, shot rios. But I’ve always been biased against Witter tbh...so let me at least admit that.

Bradley beat the criminally underrated Miguel Vasquez who never got support for being a Mexican who doesnt engage. JMm, Lamont, Devon..all of these when they mattered. Hell, shottee than shot but he’s even got Casamayor on the resume.

Just because Robet Easter was undefeated didnt make him some special fighter with an unsolvable puzzle.

It’s easy to not be solved when your competition isn’t the best.

Saunders isn’t considered the best in his class. Wilder isn’t considered the best in his class.

Tank made a scene when Floyd put his name with Loma.

Bradley fought and beat a lot of good world champions. He’s fought Hall of Famers and beat some of them.

Saunders, Wilder, Tank..if they retired this instant nobody would care or remember their name. Why? Because they didn’t fight the best guys.

Tank is young, he’ll get there.

Wilder unfortunately is a HW and there’s few guys there. I get that.

Saunders? Arguably top 3 or 4 at MW he’s never tried to prove it by fighting guys who can make those same claims.

Tim only ever lost to Manny f ucking Pacquiao.

That means he got in the ring with that kind of talent.

Until Tank links up with Loma or BJS gets a hold of GGG or Canelo they can’t even be in the same sentence as Bradley.

Wilder is a HW and it’s a lil diff there.

Comment

What? Witter was all hype. I wouldn’t even mention him over Jessie Vargas or fat, shot rios. But I’ve always been biased against Witter tbh...so let me at least admit that.

Bradley beat the criminally underrated Miguel Vasquez who never got support for being a Mexican who doesnt engage. JMm, Lamont, Devon..all of these when they mattered. Hell, shottee than shot but he’s even got Casamayor on the resume.

Just because Robet Easter was undefeated didnt make him some special fighter with an unsolvable puzzle.

It’s easy to not be solved when your competition isn’t the best.

Saunders isn’t considered the best in his class. Wilder isn’t considered the best in his class.

Tank made a scene when Floyd put his name with Loma.

Bradley fought and beat a lot of good world champions. He’s fought Hall of Famers and beat some of them.

Saunders, Wilder, Tank..if they retired this instant nobody would care or remember their name. Why? Because they didn’t fight the best guys.

Tank is young, he’ll get there.

Wilder unfortunately is a HW and there’s few guys there. I get that.

Saunders? Arguably top 3 or 4 at MW he’s never tried to prove it by fighting guys who can make those same claims.

Tim only ever lost to Manny f ucking Pacquiao.

That means he got in the ring with that kind of talent.

Until Tank links up with Loma or BJS gets a hold of GGG or Canelo they can’t even be in the same sentence as Bradley.

Wilder is a HW and it’s a lil diff there.
            You're making the point for me.

Horn has three names: Pacquiao, Funeka and Bailey. Of those only Pacquiao was a Top 10 and Horn barely got past him.

You got Nery up in the Top 10 - for what??

Where Wilder for example, has at least three ranked guys he knocked out cold or stopped. All but one of his fights ended before the final bell. Having him that low is a crime.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 08-01-2018, 03:57 AM.

Comment

You're making the point for me.

Horn has three names: Pacquiao, Funeka and Bailey. Of those only Pacquiao was a Top 10 and Horn barely got past him.

You got Nery up in the Top 10 - for what??

Where Wilder for example, has at least three ranked guys he knocked out cold or stopped. All but one of his fights ended before the final bell. Having him that low is a crime.

I’m not sure what your point is but Deontay is fine where he’s at on boxrec..for the most part. I think you’re confusing what I’m actually getting at.

When it comes to Wilder though, Nery should most DEFINITELY be above him. Top 10? Hell no. But almost everyone above Wilder on boxrec deserves it, including many more under.

Winning by stoppage all the time doesnt matter if it’s guys youre supposed to beat by stoppage. Ortiz is his best win who himself doesnt have a big signature win.

Look, I love Deontay and I want him badly to be the best at HW, but his resume/career has left much to be desired.

There’s a clear number one in HW who holds the majority of the titles and whether we think Wilder can win or not doesnt matter until he actually does.

Boxrec’s points are silly, but Nery should he above Wilder.

So should BJs, Hurd..and at least a dozen more

Comment

That’s why judging a fighter by resume is BS

Comment

I’m not sure what your point is but Deontay is fine where he’s at on boxrec..for the most part. I think you’re confusing what I’m actually getting at.

When it comes to Wilder though, Nery should most DEFINITELY be above him. Top 10? Hell no. But almost everyone above Wilder on boxrec deserves it, including many more under.

Winning by stoppage all the time doesnt matter if it’s guys youre supposed to beat by stoppage. Ortiz is his best win who himself doesnt have a big signature win.

Look, I love Deontay and I want him badly to be the best at HW, but his resume/career has left much to be desired.

There’s a clear number one in HW who holds the majority of the titles and whether we think Wilder can win or not doesnt matter until he actually does.

Boxrec’s points are silly, but Nery should he above Wilder.

So should BJs, Hurd..and at least a dozen more
                  Tell me who exactly Luis Nery has beat who is even close the name brand of Bermane Stiverne, Audley Harrison, Luis Ortiz, Malik Scott (who I feel took a dive, sure) or Chris Arreola?

Comment

Working...
                  X