Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purposed Budget Would Partly Replace Food Stamp Benefits With Canned Goods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it happens it's kind of a bold move. Not sure many people know banks like Goldman Sachs and other big banks control EBT territory and make money off each transaction.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea. A good percentage of the misuse and scam would go down considerably

Comment

That's actually great.

Comment

Ohhh SNAP

Comment

I have always though that a better idea would be to simply put people on a time limit on food stamps. A vast majority of the people who receive these benefits are on them for 2 years or less, so let's make the cut off at say 3 years.

We understand hardships happens in life. Death in the family, accidents at work, layoffs, etc. But 3 years should be enough to get a people out of a jam. After 3 years you're no longer eligible, especially if the hardships people claim are from their own doing, like having more children when you can't take care of yourself.

Comment

Sounds like a headache to set-up logistically.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                I have always though that a better idea would be to simply put people on a time limit on food stamps. A vast majority of the people who receive these benefits are on them for 2 years or less, so let's make the cut off at say 3 years.

We understand hardships happens in life. Death in the family, accidents at work, layoffs, etc. But 3 years should be enough to get a people out of a jam. After 3 years you're no longer eligible, especially if the hardships people claim are from their own doing, like having more children when you can't take care of yourself.
                This sounds pretty good, but I say increase it to 5 years since liberals will be complaining that 3 years is too short of a time, and also single able bodied males needs to have some sort of jobs or work requirements, I know a few states have that implemented, maybe it should be implemented nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  and all of it is home-grown by American farmers and producers.”
                  So the plan is....... to stop keeping people above the poverty level by giving them money to go purchase foodstuff directly from local grocery stores (even if the foodstamps are sold or used to buy lobster) and instead give the money to government contractors? Thereby creating more bureaucracy and a far less efficient use of tax dollars?

Wow.

Comment

Didn't they try this in Puerto Rico and the **** was inedible ?

Seems like just setting up big government contacts to the donors tbh

Comment

Trump is like I got this

Comment

Working...
                      X