Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens if a boxer gets KO'd in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happens if a boxer gets KO'd in sparring?

i'm sure this has happened before but what is your opinion on a boxer getting knocked out cold in sparring preparing for a up coming fight that is just weeks away?

should the boxer continue with the match or should they call it off and make up some fake injury and give the boxer some time to recover (and im talking about getting knocked out cold, not dazed or anything but out on the floor sleeping)?

if you're the trainer, would you go forward with the fight if your fighter just got knocked out cold in sparring weeks away from the actual fight?

Victor Ortiz said that if you dont remember the KO then its like it didnt happen.

Comment

At a minimum, the sparring partner is fired.

Comment

I think extra checks by the doctor before a fight if a sparring incident has happened would help. Check for any ill effects concussion etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          why??? if it's not intentional. lets say the sparring partner just caught him with a good shot.

Comment

Have a doctor check him and if the sparring partner has that kind of power, look into training and possibly signing him as a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              What if the sparring partner was taken as a bum and was instructed to go all out.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                What if the sparring partner was taken as a bum and was instructed to go all out.
                Still get fired.

De la Hoya fired Edwin Valero for ****ing him up while getting ready for Pacquiao.

I think Spence went home after ****ing up Floyd.

Floyd intentionally went soft on pros, when he was an amateur so he wouldn't get sent home.

So, regardless, they get sent home. I think Pacquiao fired a sparring partner as well, i forget who atm.

Comment

I expect if a fighter gets ko'd in sparring he might have to pull out of a fight claiming a back or wrist injury.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

I think Spence went home after ****ing up Floyd.

Floyd intentionally went soft on pros, when he was an amateur so he wouldn't get sent home.
                    Reliable source that is 100% accurate on this?

If its true then holy ****.

I know sparring and fighting are both different things, but DAMN!

Out of all people, I don't think or expect Mayweather to get schooled in a sparring session.

Comment

Working...
                    X