Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Wilder's power, he could lose 9 rounds and still land the one big one. Some heavyweights are too small to last against a guy with freakish size and power. Even when Wilder is losing rounds like that and to Washington as well, he has the confidence that he is going to land that right and he always does. I wouldnt want to see a small heavyweight badly damaged against a guy that big.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      With Wilder's power, he could lose 9 rounds and still land the one big one. Some heavyweights are too small to last against a guy with freakish size and power. Even when Wilder is losing rounds like that and to Washington as well, he has the confidence that he is going to land that right and he always does. I wouldnt want to see a small heavyweight badly damaged against a guy that big.
      That's all well and good, but if the opening isn't there to land that big punch, then punching power becomes moot. Wilder still needs to land his right hand accurately on his opponent's correct, vulnerable areas to get his knockouts. The likelihood of a one handed boxer to land such a punch on someone as skilled as Usyk goes from low, to very low.

Deontay Wilder took 10 rounds to figure out and adjust to Artur Szpilka, who is inferior to Oleksandr Usyk in pretty much every department and by a pretty huge margin too. Chances are, it'd take way longer than just 10 rounds for Wilder to figure out Oleksandr Usyk whilst getting peppered by jabs and combinations. And Usyk doesn't take too many risks against very dangerous opponents. He practically shut Glowacki out and barely even got hit because Glowacki is a power puncher.

Comment

I think he'd UD both Wilder and AJ tbh..

Neither are remotely close to his level of boxing skill, movement and footwork, of course they could land a lucky bomb and stop him though...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          I think he'd UD both Wilder and AJ tbh..

Neither are remotely close to his level of boxing skill, movement and footwork, of course they could land a lucky bomb and stop him though...
          Pretty much this. He doesn't have the power or size of them but he is easily the more skilled boxer. Can see him beating both

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
            Pretty much this. He doesn't have the power or size of them but he is easily the more skilled boxer. Can see him beating both
            I don't think Usyk needs to have the same amount of power as Wilder to KO or stop Wilder. With Wilder's weak chin, I won't even be surprised at all if Usyk manages to get a late stoppage win over him. If a 6 foot 1 Evgeny Romanov managed to pulverize Wilder and stop him, then it'd be no surprise if Usyk manages it too. And I doubt many people believe Evgeny Romanov has the same power as Wilder. Just that Wilder's chin is very suspect.

Also, Wilder isn't really that big either. He is tall but when it comes to weight, he is naturally very light for his height. The weight difference is minimal between Usyk and Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
              That's all well and good, but if the opening isn't there to land that big punch, then punching power becomes moot. Wilder still needs to land his right hand accurately on his opponent's correct, vulnerable areas to get his knockouts. The likelihood of a one handed boxer to land such a punch on someone as skilled as Usyk goes from low, to very low.

Deontay Wilder took 10 rounds to figure out and adjust to Artur Szpilka, who is inferior to Oleksandr Usyk in pretty much every department and by a pretty huge margin too. Chances are, it'd take way longer than just 10 rounds for Wilder to figure out Oleksandr Usyk whilst getting peppered by jabs and combinations. And Usyk doesn't take too many risks against very dangerous opponents. He practically shut Glowacki out and barely even got hit because Glowacki is a power puncher.
              Everyone has a plan till they get hit, especially with that huge right hand. And analogies often fail. Szpilka at least had been hit by heavyweights and was a heavyweight. There is no way in hell I see a smaller heavyweight, let alone a fighter who is currently a cruiserweight taking that huge right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Everyone has a plan till they get hit, especially with that huge right hand. And analogies often fail. Szpilka at least had been hit by heavyweights and was a heavyweight. There is no way in hell I see a smaller heavyweight, let alone a fighter who is currently a cruiserweight taking that huge right hand.
                Actually, Usyk has already fought super heavyweights and unlike Joshua or Wilder, has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career. So Usyk has experience in taking power punches from big heavyweights. Usyk also beat the same boxer (Mihai Nistor) who stopped Anthony Joshua easily.

On fight night, Usyk weighs just as much, if not more than Artur Szpilka or even David Haye. In fact, Usyk is currently bigger in size than David Haye's size as a cruiser weight. So the small heavyweight argument is a myth. Usyk is a huge cruiser weight that'd be an average size heavyweight with far above average boxing skills compared to any heavyweight today.

Maris Breidis who isn't even a heavyweight, knocked out one of the heavyweight champions today in Manuel Charr. In reality, the best cruiser weight today might actually be the best boxer in a head to head sense (not pound for pound).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  I don't think Usyk needs to have the same amount of power as Wilder to KO or stop Wilder. With Wilder's weak chin, I won't even be surprised at all if Usyk manages to get a late stoppage win over him. If a 6 foot 1 Evgeny Romanov managed to pulverize Wilder and stop him, then it'd be no surprise if Usyk manages it too. And I doubt many people believe Evgeny Romanov has the same power as Wilder. Just that Wilder's chin is very suspect.

Also, Wilder isn't really that big either. He is tall but when it comes to weight, he is naturally very light for his height. The weight difference is minimal between Usyk and Wilder.
                  Agreed wilders chin isn't the best and I think his really skinny legs plays a factor in that, usyk could easily overwhelm him and cause the ref to step in. And I was more talking about height and reach, wilder is very long. Usyk is a big cruiserweight But he wouldnt be nearly as big. Usyk could expose wilder regardless, hes the far better boxer

Comment

I think Usyk is incredibly slick and skilled but there are weight divisions for a reason. It will be interesting to see him make the move to Heavy, I know his team has spoken about it before.

Comment

Unless he can avoid getting hit by any right hands for 12 rounds Wilder wins.
                      The right hand is the equalizer to neutralize all.

Comment

Working...
                      X