Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Hires Top Veteran Trainer For Do or Die Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going out on a limb and say he'll lose to Sosa. Gamboa is done.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Very true unfortunately. Fighters who heavily depend on speed and reflexes as their principle game suffer once they start to slow. The Roy Jones effect. Speed kills but it does not last. If he had some basics wrapped in his style he would last longer. The ambush in and out game is a young mans game only.
      So true.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Should of gotten a REAL promoter years ago as well.
      He did, but Gamboa was convinced into leaving Top Rank for fly-by-night promotor “50 Cent.” The rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        So true.

He did, but Gamboa was convinced into leaving Top Rank for fly-by-night promotor “50 Cent.” The rest is history.
        What is it with cubans getting trapped by **** promoter rappers?

Was gutted when Rigo signed with Jay Z

Comment

So true.

Na bro. He was thinking that he was gonna be signing with 50 and floyd but then that whole bs started with 50 amd Floyd and it became just 50.

Comment

"lack of fundamentals!!"

Comment

Imagine that if that Gamboa Juanma fight would've been made when it should've...

Both in their primes

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                What is it with cubans getting trapped by **** promoter rappers?

Was gutted when Rigo signed with Jay Z
                Maybe these guys, being so isolated from the rest of the world, think certain celebrities, having attained success, must know what they’re doing.

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                Na bro. He was thinking that he was gonna be signing with 50 and floyd but then that whole bs started with 50 amd Floyd and it became just 50.
                Sure. I remember. But the point is, no one Yuri has associated with comes anywhere near Top Rank.

And, by the way, if you have any relatives on the island, I hope they’re okay, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez12 View Post
                  Imagine that if that Gamboa Juanma fight would've been made when it should've...

Both in their primes
                  Not the right time for it bro. Its still marinating.

Comment

Maybe these guys, being so isolated from the rest of the world, think certain celebrities, having attained success, must know what they’re doing.

Sure. I remember. But the point is, no one Yuri has associated with comes anywhere near Top Rank.

And, by the way, if you have any relatives on the island, I hope they’re okay, brother.
                    You're right about that. While I am not an Arum fan he does know how to promote and create a star and Gamboa was headed to the big boy league and was getting a big fight vs Rios, but he made the worse decision of his life then by leaving Arum.

Man I really appreciate that. I have alot of cousins and aunts and uncles who we couldn't get in contact with for weeks but thankfully we were able to get in contact and they are all ok.

Comment

You're right about that. While I am not an Arum fan he does know how to promote and create a star and Gamboa was headed to the big boy league and was getting a big fight vs Rios, but he made the worse decision of his life then by leaving Arum.
                      I’m with ya. You gotta give the devil his due. Arum has been doing this a long time. The Rios fight might’ve made Gamboa a star. But it probably would’ve been short-lived. We’ve seen how Yuri torpedoes his career every chance he gets.

Man I really appreciate that. I have alot of cousins and aunts and uncles who we couldn't get in contact with for weeks but thankfully we were able to get in contact and they are all ok.
                      I’m glad your family is safe and sound, bro. All’s well that ends well.

Comment

Working...
                      X