Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So having 3 belts means less than having 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belts are meaning less. Too many and one belt will have multiple champs in one weight.

It is how you gain your belt or the quality of the named fighter. Collecting belts from the path of least resistance doesn't make you the best in the division.

Don't know what even mention the IBO. I never hear a championship fight for the IBO. I hear more for does b.s. interim titles and that bogus diamond belt.

Comment

Yes, 3 belts can worth less than 1..

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        Maths was never a strong suit of mine but i remember studying percentages, with 75 percent being a higher proportion of something then 25 percent.
        That was until i started browsing boxingscene and it seems this concept has been flipped on its head, being that the guy with 25 percent of the belts is considered the true champion and this fight on saturday supposedly decides who the number 1 fighter is in the division.
        And some people going as far as to say the guy with 75 percent of the belts is actually ranked third in the division?
        Or does having the wbc mean more than the other 3? If so i guess jermall charlo is the number 1 middleweight in the rankings, and Oubaali ahead of inoue at bantam.
        Or do we just make up this crap up as we go along?

they are just belts... so, who fkn cares... ?

once you realize that they are largely meaningless, you realize that there is often little/no difference between holding 1 title and holding 3 titles

I ask you, when Andy Ruiz held 3 titles... ???

1) was he the best heavyweight on the planet... ?
        2) was he A-side in the Joshua rematch... ?

before he fought Derevyanchenko, when Golovkin had no titles, and Charlo/Andrade were both genuine world champions... were they better than Golovkin?... would they be the A-side if Golovkin challenged them...?

if the answer is no, to any of those 4 questions... then why MUST it be different now?

Joshua is 1 fight removed from having no titles, and 1 fight removed from being dropped 4x and embarrassed in his US debut

the WHOLE story matters... not just " titles doe "

the fighter makes the belt, not the other way around

Wilder/Joshua would be a matchup between two fighters, both of whom COULD be the best fighter in the world... nothing more... AJ is not 3x the fighter Wilder is, because he holds 3 belts... AJ does not have 3x the chance of beating Wilder, because he holds 3 belts

plenty of belt-holders/titlists/champions (whatever you want to call it) are not the best guy in their division

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          they are just belts... so, who fkn cares... ?

once you realize that they are largely meaningless, you realize that there is often little/no difference between holding 1 title and holding 3 titles

I ask you, when Andy Ruiz held 3 titles... ???

1) was he the best heavyweight on the planet... ?
          2) was he A-side in the Joshua rematch... ?

before he fought Derevyanchenko, when Golovkin had no titles, and Charlo/Andrade were both genuine world champions... were they better than Golovkin?... would they be the A-side if Golovkin challenged them...?

if the answer is no, to any of those 4 questions... then why MUST it be different now?

Joshua is 1 fight removed from having no titles, and 1 fight removed from being dropped 4x and embarrassed in his US debut

the WHOLE story matters... not just " titles doe "

the fighter makes the belt, not the other way around

Wilder/Joshua would be a matchup between two fighters, both of whom COULD be the best fighter in the world... nothing more... AJ is not 3x the fighter Wilder is, because he holds 3 belts... AJ does not have 3x the chance of beating Wilder, because he holds 3 belts

plenty of belt-holders/titlists/champions (whatever you want to call it) are not the best guy in their division
          well look what the cat dragged in ^... and anthony joshua has held the belts for a long time minus one blip which he avenged in brilliant fashion

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            Maths was never a strong suit of mine but i remember studying percentages, with 75 percent being a higher proportion of something then 25 percent.
            That was until i started browsing boxingscene and it seems this concept has been flipped on its head, being that the guy with 25 percent of the belts is considered the true champion and this fight on saturday supposedly decides who the number 1 fighter is in the division.
            And some people going as far as to say the guy with 75 percent of the belts is actually ranked third in the division?
            Or does having the wbc mean more than the other 3? If so i guess jermall charlo is the number 1 middleweight in the rankings, and Oubaali ahead of inoue at bantam.
            Or do we just make up this crap up as we go along?
            I mean clearly, NSB rates the WBO the highest since Crawford holds that after fake hand injury controversy, instead of Spence with IBF/WBC where he beat two of the top guys for those belts or the WBA where Manny beat the top guy in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
              Eye test

Winner of this fight is the clear #1 HW to me
              - -U blind in one Eye and can't see outta the other, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Order of importance for Heavyweight titles:
                1. Lineal
                2. The Ring
                3. WBC
                4. WBA (Super)
                5. IBF
                6. WBO
                7. IBO

The winner of Wilder vs Fury will be lineal, Ring, and WBC champion. That's way more important than having a bunch of other belts, at least one of which will likely be stripped soon.
                LOL according to what or who? That order seems to be opinion based and nothing more, lineal and ring mean feck all in another man's opinion. Another man likes to see real belts.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Belts are meaning less. Too many and one belt will have multiple champs in one weight.

It is how you gain your belt or the quality of the named fighter. Collecting belts from the path of least resistance doesn't make you the best in the division.

Don't know what even mention the IBO. I never hear a championship fight for the IBO. I hear more for does b.s. interim titles and that bogus diamond belt.
                  - -Tarver and Glen Johnson gave up their belts so the could fight each other for undisputed #1.

Wlad undisputed #1 with IBO.

What grade U in?

Comment

Belts don’t matter. If TBRB or the Ring say you’re the champion, you’re the champion. The end.

Comment

**** you Brits are so insecure.

Just go away this weekend. The world is watching the two best HW's in the world fight for supremacy. Go watch some youtube fights or Dave Allen replays.

Comment

Working...
                      X