No announcement yet.

Welcome back Maravilla

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    I honestly cant even see him even beating a top 15 guy. Inactivity is the WOSRT for an old fighter, and he has to be in mid 40s. I guess we will see unfortunately because I always liked him.
    The 1st fight is a gimme. Should be an easy pushover type bum. Then it's on

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      He was actually one of my fave fighters but simultaneously was very overrated. Built a career off knocking out an overblown welterweight (first fight was close too) and beating pavlik who took the ultimate schooling going from 40 year old hopkins. From what i remember had a few other losses early on but as always people say he wasnt 'prime' even tho he was age wise. Lucky to beat Martin murray too, not hating as i liked the guy and his style but hed have lost to canelo ggg and jacobs clearly and hes lucky he wasnt about in this era.
      Sergio himself was a former welterweight, but reading stupid stuff from you is normal.

Comment

I’m here for this

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Sergio himself was a former welterweight, but reading stupid stuff from you is normal.
          Yeah i remember margarito hammered him down at welterweight

Comment

Too late and too old

Comment

Hate to use Foreman as an example but.........

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Haha man I am with you on this. Lets hope he wins.

Comment

Great to see the King back.

Too bad he was ducked during his prime, he would have put the beats on Cotto, GGG, and Canelo back in 2010.

Comment

The 1st fight is a gimme. Should be an easy pushover type bum. Then it's on
                    Yea he should get a bye a 10-25-1 type guy, but I don't see him doing much better then that. Like I said though we will see, and I just hope he don't get hurt. I also hope he don't get a big fight unless he proves he can at least compete because that's ripping off the fans, and I have NO DOUBT a promoter would have no problem using his name to get him a somewhat big fight just to bleed him dry to make a little money.

Comment

That's about as different in styles as you can get though. Also Foreman retired in prime, where Maravilla was already showing signs of age and also wear and tear. Power is also the last to go, and speed and reflexes are the 1st. Speed and reflexes are also not quite as important in the heavy div compared to the rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X