Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Who wins
Fury 13 33.33%
Wilder 26 66.67%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2020, 06:31 PM #31
billeau2 billeau2 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,571
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 215,368.63
Bank: 2,000.24
Total Points: 217,368.87
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter1234 View Post
- Fury dominated the first fight barring the two knockdowns.

- Rematches usually favor the pure boxer rather than the puncher since he can more easily make adjustments.

- Fury was coming off 3 years doing coke and having to lose over 100lbs and he still got up from the knockdowns. It is going to be way harder to knock him down this time.

- Fury is actually 3 years younger than Wilder. A lot of people don't realise Wilder is 34 years old. Age starts to play a factor when a fighter gets to his mid 30's.

- If Fury can't beat Wilder who can? Does Wilder really look like a fighter to stay undefeated?


Fury is over the odds IMO. I'd say he has about a 75% chance of winning this fight with a 25% chance of getting knocked out. The odds being even are ridiculous IMO. Thoughts?
Some good points. Unfortunately the illusion is the puncher has an easier time of it... In fact a lot of things have to go right for the puncher to succeed.

Frankly I have a few observations about why this is close regarding the odds:

1) The judges, Moreitti especially is bought and paid for. I am thinking the judges will handicap for the sake of Wilder

2) There may have been a few problems in the Fury camp.

Otherwise there is no way this would even be close, Fury would be the favorite by a mile.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 PM #32
TMLT87 TMLT87 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 435
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
TMLT87 is a glorious beacon of lightTMLT87 is a glorious beacon of lightTMLT87 is a glorious beacon of lightTMLT87 is a glorious beacon of lightTMLT87 is a glorious beacon of lightTMLT87 is a glorious beacon of light
Points: 7,551.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,551.17
Default

I think its pretty much 51/49 in favour of Fury. He is not a big puncher so the likelihood of him finishing Wilder early is pretty low. Hes probably going to have to last a long time in there, possibly the full 12. If it goes longer than 7-8 rounds odds are Wilder will have landed something big again, and Fury will need to pick himself up off the canvas again. I think he can, because in both the first fight and also the Cunningham fight he has demonstrated exceptional recovery and composure after getting dropped hard.
TMLT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:48 PM #33
fighter1234 fighter1234 is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 952
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
fighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these partsfighter1234 is infamous around these parts
Points: 9,794.51
Bank: 1,066.99
Total Points: 10,861.50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Some good points. Unfortunately the illusion is the puncher has an easier time of it... In fact a lot of things have to go right for the puncher to succeed.

Frankly I have a few observations about why this is close regarding the odds:

1) The judges, Moreitti especially is bought and paid for. I am thinking the judges will handicap for the sake of Wilder

2) There may have been a few problems in the Fury camp.

Otherwise there is no way this would even be close, Fury would be the favorite by a mile.
Thatís why Iím hesitant to bet big on Fury. I donít think Haymon wouldíve let this rematch take place without some safety nets in place especially now that Fury is with Arum.
fighter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:39 PM #34
keith_head keith_head is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 580
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
keith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond reputekeith_head has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 7,178.75
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 8,334.37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter1234 View Post
- Fury dominated the first fight barring the two knockdowns.
This is not even close to being true.

Poking your tongue out a few times doesn't mean you're winning rounds.

Wilder won 3 of the first 4 rounds. Fury knicked a few rounds too but he never dominated in any part of the fight apart from maybe the second half of the 12th round when Wilder gased.
keith_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:50 PM #35
Champ Wilder Champ Wilder is offline
Psalm 23:1
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,979
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
Champ Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 875.48
Bank: 662.64
Total Points: 1,538.12
enjoy the fight - -jose- good time - R-U-S 2016: the year of the Bronze Bomber - Thurman Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
:beerchug: - -jose- Cheers man! - Beercules Next Stop H.O.F - 1hourRun in the trunk you go! - SugarKaineHook Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx 
It's on me... - Superbee Slavic Power - Weltschmerz No Message - #feelthebern Best wishes. - 1hourRun To AJ from Wilder... a Big Right Hand! - Deontay Wilder 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - King Krusher Childhood Cancer - King Krusher Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - King Krusher Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
The only interesting thing about this fight is to see how long Fury can avoid getting hit with a big shot. Both Fury and Wilder looked bad in their last fights. Fury almost got stopped and Wilder lost every round to a 50 year old Cuban.
uhhh, you clearly don't know anything about Wilder

Nearly anyone who fights Wilder wins everyone round until the Knockout, that **** doesn't mean ANYTHING against Wilder who patiently waits for the perfect shot. Enough said.
Champ Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 PM #36
Champ Wilder Champ Wilder is offline
Psalm 23:1
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,979
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
Champ Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond reputeChamp Wilder has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 875.48
Bank: 662.64
Total Points: 1,538.12
enjoy the fight - -jose- good time - R-U-S 2016: the year of the Bronze Bomber - Thurman Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
:beerchug: - -jose- Cheers man! - Beercules Next Stop H.O.F - 1hourRun in the trunk you go! - SugarKaineHook Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx 
It's on me... - Superbee Slavic Power - Weltschmerz No Message - #feelthebern Best wishes. - 1hourRun To AJ from Wilder... a Big Right Hand! - Deontay Wilder 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - King Krusher Childhood Cancer - King Krusher Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - King Krusher Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
Anyone notice the huge strength difference at the final press conference? Wilder pushing Fury was like watching someone trying to push a car. Fury shoved him right across the stage with a flick of his wrist. After that Wilder remained seated, repeating ďsit down! Sit down!Ē Ha. He was shook.
Keep telling yourself that
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Wilder is totally shook bahaha

Fury changing trainers and blabbering a whole bunch of nonsense shows who's insecure here. He couldn't do better than what he did the first time. Wilder KO's Fury by round 8
Champ Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 PM #37
REDEEMER REDEEMER is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,604
Quoted: 2769 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 98,234.93
Bank: 1,543.29
Total Points: 99,778.22
Default

Punchers are more dangerous to Wilder more so hook punchers ,I donít believe Wilder has any wins over one.

Furys biggest advantage is his size because heís the better skilled and it really hurts Wilders chances because thatís hows heís got this far thatís his length ,but the first fight showed the difficulties Wilder will have on Saturday .

Furys being undersold on power however ,he has knocked out everyone in his own rematches and he stunned Wilder more then once even when knocked down, this is really the telling sign Wilder is in trouble to a more prepared Fury so smart money would be under dog Fury no doubt .

Iíd say Wilder has more then a 25% chance Iíd bump it 30 % only because he can punch and Fury can get careless showboating which is the only concern I have .

I donít think Fury is even the best candidate to defeat Wilder Iíd say AJ, Usyk and Hrgovic .
REDEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 PM #38
billeau2 billeau2 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,571
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 215,368.63
Bank: 2,000.24
Total Points: 217,368.87
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter1234 View Post
Thatís why Iím hesitant to bet big on Fury. I donít think Haymon wouldíve let this rematch take place without some safety nets in place especially now that Fury is with Arum.
Yeah... Very very true.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Its an unfortunate reality.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:53 PM #39
TheMyspaceDayz TheMyspaceDayz is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 1,752
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
TheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,728.09
Bank: 20,200.50
Total Points: 28,928.59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Wilder View Post
Keep telling yourself that
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Wilder is totally shook bahaha

Fury changing trainers and blabbering a whole bunch of nonsense shows who's insecure here. He couldn't do better than what he did the first time. Wilder KO's Fury by round 8
Only come out for the big ones, eh? Yeah, casuals will do that.

I’ve already laid out over the course of a month why Fury is going to win. Money in the bank.
TheMyspaceDayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:54 PM #40
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5,631
Quoted: 2312 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 104,841.61
Bank: 1,598.12
Total Points: 106,439.73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter1234 View Post
- Fury dominated the first fight barring the two knockdowns.

- Rematches usually favor the pure boxer rather than the puncher since he can more easily make adjustments.

- Fury was coming off 3 years doing coke and having to lose over 100lbs and he still got up from the knockdowns. It is going to be way harder to knock him down this time.

- Fury is actually 3 years younger than Wilder. A lot of people don't realise Wilder is 34 years old. Age starts to play a factor when a fighter gets to his mid 30's.

- If Fury can't beat Wilder who can? Does Wilder really look like a fighter to stay undefeated?


Fury is over the odds IMO. I'd say he has about a 75% chance of winning this fight with a 25% chance of getting knocked out. The odds being even are ridiculous IMO. Thoughts?
- -U fuzzy or furry?
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.