Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-20-2020, 02:48 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,614.14
Total Points: 118,751.90
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
I think Bradley just barely makes it into the hall of fame. He is good enough and has done enough to make it in but not by very much. If you know all the boxers in the hall of fame and know how good they were then you know Bradley was better and did more good things in the ring than some of them. As a commentator I think he stinks and is cringe worthy. He tries to sound like Atlas and uses some of Atlas's stupid sayings. Atlas was also cringe worthy in my opinion. I guess Bradley is not the worst commentator because some others are terrible too.
I think this is about right, hes on the line but in for sure. The Marquez win is the one that pushes him over the top, people can say he was old but Marquez even at that age was one of the best fighters in the world.

I think the manner of victories and losses sometimes matters. Peterson was undefeated and for the most part Bradley whooped him. Before the butt Alexander was getting beat one sided and he was in his prime undefeated, Holt was a super dangerous fighter, but apart from the knockdowns Bradley won every round. Why I mention this, is because even then the separation told you he was elite. The Nate Campbell NC actually took a pretty good name off his resume too.

As far as the Pacquiao fights, he was competitive and won rounds in all of them. He probably took between 10-12 rounds from Pacquiao over the 3 fights...that is impressive and counts. Most couldn't do that, and some of those who couldn't will prob end up in the HOF as well. Barrera and Cotto as examples.

He was also top 10 p4p for years.

He gets in, but not by a lot.
sunny31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:48 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 528 Post(s)
DumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,188.12
Total Points: 25,660.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
How did he beat Marquez then if he didn't have skills? Was it luck?
I didn't say he had zero skills. Every champion has skills at varying degrees. Don't throw hyperbole at me so you can be right about something I didn't say.

No it wasn't luck. It's also not a great win.

JMM was 40 years old

JMM was never a true welterweight.

JMM has two career wins at 147. Pacman, who he'd fought 3 times already and knew inside out, who was also a small ww. And the Great, the one, the only Mike Alvarado...

Oh, and a younger Marquez got humiliated by Mayweather at that weight. THAT'S how an ELITE fighter treats a bloated up old man.
DumpkinsPlus5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends