Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-15-2020, 12:16 PM #41
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 7210 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 380,089.86
Total Points: 381,662.64
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnykin View Post
Genuine question...... how is one man allowed to control and openly manage and promote fighters like this? I don't buy the promotional outfits each fighter supposedly owns... seems like a loophole to me and a violation of the Ali act.
Because Haymon is a very smart man. I give him credit for that. Would I want someone like that in my corner? No, in the beginning he was just an adviser, and he was about making the boxers more money than they would usually get.

But like every greedy person he has now put his own ambition in front of the boxers, he has become a promoter (Not legally), and he has put things in place, where he can NEVER be pinned down.

He has gain the trust of these uneducated boxers and he is now just manipulating them in a smarter way, itís the same old game but different ways to play it. He isnít any different to Don King, and I pray he gets driven out one day.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:18 PM #42
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 15985 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 353,827.19
Total Points: 460,082.72
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
This is pure deflection. You sure wouldnít see me or most defending BJS or Smith, thatís the difference here. And for one Joe Gallagher manages Smith and he is very vocal, and BJS manages himself. From what am hearing those two wants the fight, they are returning with counter offers. This is NOT what PBC is about, they are not willing to deal with anyone else, unless they have zero choice or it benefits them more than the alternatives.
How is it deflection? I clearly said that what Haymon is doing with Charlo is bad for the sport.

Just like what BJS and Smith and their teams are doing is bad for the sport too.

I only ever see you criticize PBC for it, though. Never the other guys.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:55 PM #43
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 4996 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,950.98
Total Points: 120,768.66
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

PBC and DAZN grossly overpaying fighters not to fight the best, but instead they're overpaying them to fight sh#t opponents and that now has EVERYBODY asking for more and more money

Haymon has to match or come close to matching what ever Eddie is offering, you cannot advise those guys to turn down big offers only to have them fight for Much Less

Look I get it, PBC has deals in place with FOX and Showtime so of course those Networks want PBC Fighters exclusively with them...BUT those Networks need to step up too make some Counter Offers to get Crawford, Andrade or whoever to come over to their platform! To be fair Andrade was indeed offered by Showtime before recently re-signing with Matchroom/DAZN and he as well turned it down

It Cannot Be about Building Up Brands and a APP>The Sport Of Boxing! We tune in to see the FIGHTERS not their Promoters or Advisers
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:58 PM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 528 Post(s)
DumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond reputeDumpkinsPlus5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,199.06
Total Points: 25,723.55

Quote:
Because Haymon is a very smart man. I give him credit for that. Would I want someone like that in my corner? No, in the beginning he was just an adviser, and he was about making the boxers more money than they would usually get.

But like every greedy person he has now put his own ambition in front of the boxers
, he has become a promoter (Not legally), and he has put things in place, where he can NEVER be pinned down.

He has gain the trust of these uneducated boxers and he is now just manipulating them in a smarter way, itís the same old game but different ways to play it. He isnít any different to Don King, and I pray he gets driven out one day.
I fear you may be right. Sadly, it seems it not about making fighters the most money. It's about winning. Al Haymon wants to dominate boxing, which to his credit, isn't any different from any other promoter. However, if he's stopping good fights from being made, he deserves the same scrutiny as everyone else.
DumpkinsPlus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:15 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3630 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 134,661.63

Quote:

But like every greedy person he has now put his own ambition in front of the boxers, he has become a promoter (Not legally), and he has put things in place, where he can NEVER be pinned down.

Well said Ray...starting to be my opinion on Haymon as well
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:51 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13013 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 271,957.11
Total Points: 275,885.44
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Wilder has sold PPVs in the US. BJS and Smith never have.

They bring nothing to the table in America. Those are just the facts.
Whatt the fuck do PPVs have to do with guaranteed fees to fight on a subscription based platform?

$120million wasn't a fair offer to Wilder ... but Smith and BJS should be grateful to get $4million for going on the road and putting their world titles on the line in a voluntary defense against a challenger who would be earning over 10 times more than them.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:20 PM #47
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 15985 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 353,827.19
Total Points: 460,082.72
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkod View Post
Whatt the fuck do PPVs have to do with guaranteed fees to fight on a subscription based platform?

$120million wasn't a fair offer to Wilder ... but Smith and BJS should be grateful to get $4million for going on the road and putting their world titles on the line in a voluntary defense against a challenger who would be earning over 10 times more than them.
How many subscriptions do you think DAZN can expect to gain in the US from televising a Callum Smith or Billy Joe Saunders fight?

As opposed to televising a Canelo fight?

$4 million is being more than generous.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:50 PM #48
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
How is it deflection? I clearly said that what Haymon is doing with Charlo is bad for the sport.

Just like what BJS and Smith and their teams are doing is bad for the sport too.

I only ever see you criticize PBC for it, though. Never the other guys.
Here we go, again you deflecting. See you guys are not as unbias as you try to make out. Am not here defending BJS or Smith, in fact am saying they should take the offer. But what is the offer? We do not know. Is it a money issue? Is it a weight rehydration issue? We do not know. This is the first offer to both.

None of those has history of doing what PBC are doing, getting offers, not responding, blocking fights, with offers that represents 4/5 times their usual payday.

But guess what? No one is defending them. We actually wanting to see what is going on. So this is why I said you are deflecting, because now we are NOT talking about Charlo, we are now talking about BJS and Smith.

We already have threads regarding those. And no one is here encouraging them to not take those fights.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:55 PM #49
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
I fear you may be right. Sadly, it seems it not about making fighters the most money. It's about winning. Al Haymon wants to dominate boxing, which to his credit, isn't any different from any other promoter. However, if he's stopping good fights from being made, he deserves the same scrutiny as everyone else.
And thatís my issue with Haymon and the reason that I cannot defend him any longer, am all about the boxers and them reaping benefits of their careers. Early on Haymon was for the boxers, he didnít have any network affiliation, he was about making sure the boxers are not manipulated by their promoters.

I saw it and I liked that about him, buying out Mayweather contract for 750k etc But now watch how over the last 4-5 years he has literally blocked fights, instead of the boxers fighting, they would get 100k from him to stay inactive.

Just because he isnít in the public eye doesnít mean he shouldnít be scrutinised either, his business is in the public eye, I couldnít care less if he hides or he is loud like Hearn, fact is he currently is bad for boxing.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:09 PM #50
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2265 Post(s)
boxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,654.90
Total Points: 64,882.11
:) - Beercules Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir Imam View Post
You got owned so bad that you didnít have any logical response. Iím in red because I donít have time to post 20,000K comments 2,000 comment a month LMAO. I actually have a life unlike you, I donít have time to make 2000 comments a month crying about black fighters.
You have like 5 different account. You sure seems to have alot of time on your hand boy
boxinggod101 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends