Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloomberg: “Put All The Cops In Minority Neighborhoods, where the crime is." [Audio]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/stopandfrisk.html

To be fair, not as drastic I thought it was. I mean technically that's almost double the rate of finding weapons but idk
    So they stopped and frisked white people too, and then arrested them at higher rates.

Gotcha.

So where's the racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Can the cops for no reason? For example: if you’re a black youth walking down the street with a hoodie minding your own business, is the cop allowed to just stop and frisk? And if so, isn’t this an infringement on your rights?
      There was just a case on this in your Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court recently on this issue. Manuel Torres-Pagan was stopped in a high crime area for a traffic violation. The police searched him and his vehicle, finding an illegal gun in the process. The high Court decided the police did not have constitutional grounds to search the vehicle. The Court ruled that the officers needed to have independent information that there was a likelihood the driver was armed to effect a search.

For more information, you can check the 29 January edition of the Boston Globe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
        I'll cut you if I ever see you Beercules!

A piece of my favorite chocolate pie:

God bless you homie
        thay actually looks delicious right now.

God bless you to my man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          So they stopped and frisked white people too, and then arrested them at higher rates.

Gotcha.

So where's the racism?
          In which post did I use the word racism? You asked me to justify my claim that the White people they frisked were more likely to be carrying a weapon, so I provided that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Can the cops for no reason? For example: if you’re a black youth walking down the street with a hoodie minding your own business, is the cop allowed to just stop and frisk? And if so, isn’t this an infringement on your rights?
            If the cop feels that black hoodied black man looks suspicious then yes he can. Is it an infringement on your rights? To a certain degree yes, but that sort of law isn't passed because everything is honky dory and people just want to be racist, that sort of law is always exclusively passed because of high crime and a need for a much easier way to catch the perpetrators.

If you're a white liberal you might look down on this law from your super safe neighborhood and lack of crime and criticize it, but if you're a white liberal whose neighborhood tomorrow magically has a tremendous spike in crime and you're afraid to go outside then you'll be knocking on your congressman door day and night to pass that law.

Comment

• Bottom line is, who hangs out on streets? I don't, do you?

Who just hangs out/around?

You go to work, go home, hang with the family, maybe hit a gym, go visit friends/relatives. Hit a movie, go out to eat, bowling etc. Who just wanders around the streets?
              Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-11-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I love how all the Dems are a ok with this now "as long as he can beat Trump" lol they would go with the devil over Trump. Ask them what's so bad about Trump and they'll give you some feelings. But yet they want to elect someone that rails against them. You really can't make this chit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  In which post did I use the word racism? You asked me to justify my claim that the White people they frisked were more likely to be carrying a weapon, so I provided that?
                  I didn't say you used the term. Others did.

I was asking you because you're one of the guys who is more neutral/centrist politically, and you can discuss issues in an adult manner.

Seeing you unable to cite any racism in the policy says to me there isn't any racism to see.

(Remember, I ain't one of the Gotcha! players on here. )

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                    I love how all the Dems are a ok with this now "as long as he can beat Trump" lol they would go with the devil over Trump. Ask them what's so bad about Trump and they'll give you some feelings. But yet they want to elect someone that rails against them. You really can't make this chit up.
                    It's all about team loyalty.

Once Bloomberg joined the team he became a saint who can do no wrong.

You know how this works, or at least you should.

Comment

• Was going to post a music video about hanging out on the streets but, all were so vulgar I couldn't find one I could use here, which pretty much says it all.

X Navy here so vulgar crap makes..0..impact on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X