• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YUP even clearer CANELO WIN!

Thanks for the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
      Canelo whooped him good. 8-4 for canelo. No controversy at all. The right guy won the fight.

golovkin always took punsihsment, win lose or draw.

but the second canelo fight was the first real beating he took. it will signal the beginningof th eend of his career. you rarely, if ever, see guys taking flush body shots and headshots for years and years with long careers. golovkin's style has overstayed its welcome. you need an unshakeable chin, youthful powers of recovery, and the confidence of an undefeated fighter in his prime to fight like that every time out. you can do it once if you need to, maybe a few times over the course of many years, but golokvin took bombs from everybody. curtis stevens, willie monroe, these guys all took some of their best shots on golovkin and he relied on his chin over all else.

we all know he's been on the sldie for a while, but was his career at its end? it's at its end now. guy arguably lost last time out to a euro who wouldn't hold his jock in his prime. he looks lost out there. like the guy remembers who the killer that he used to be is, and understands his old identity and that it's the only thing that made him elite, yet he can't fight that way any more. he's rich, depleted. he can't pull the trigger and his time as an elite is over.

i thought the first fight was a fair decision. the second fight really wasn't that close. canelo gave him a beating and golovkin gave in for the first time in his life.

Comment

I must have seen a different fight whenever I see guys say Canelo clearly won or that it wasn't a close fight. It was a really close fight, just that, as always, guys tend to remember what Canelo did. I don't think some guys realize how many shots Golovkin parries/catches in his fights. Yes Canelo landed a good amount but there were also a few elbows and a headbutt that opened up that cut in the 12th, making it seem like he was taking more damage than he actually was. The last prime year for Golovkin was 2015 and since then was noticeably slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          I must have seen a different fight whenever I see guys say Canelo clearly won or that it wasn't a close fight. It was a really close fight, just that, as always, guys tend to remember what Canelo did. I don't think some guys realize how many shots Golovkin parries/catches in his fights. Yes Canelo landed a good amount but there were also a few elbows and a headbutt that opened up that cut in the 12th, making it seem like he was taking more damage than he actually was. The last prime year for Golovkin was 2015 and since then was noticeably slowing down.
          Didn't Canelo land the left hook that make GGG cut his right eye ?
          If you watch 12th in slow motion (0.25speed) you will see Canelo landed a lot of power punches.
          It was very close round and the most important round 2 Judges gave Canelo won, I understand why people were mad so much but i think Canelo really edged GGG out

Sadly GGG never met Elite when he was in prime.

Comment

Most fans are disappointed Canelo refuses to fight Golovkin again, but can you really blame him? The diva knows he was lucky not to take a loss and is thinking about his health. He's still young, so why risk his health fighting the Kazach a third time, how many jabs to the head do you expect the diva to take before there's permanent damage?

Comment

Originally posted by ANELExTriHard View Post
              Didn't Canelo land the left hook that make GGG cut his right eye ?
              If you watch 12th in slow motion (0.25speed) you will see Canelo landed a lot of power punches.
              It was very close round and the most important round 2 Judges gave Canelo won, I understand why people were mad so much but i think Canelo really edged GGG out

Sadly GGG never met Elite when he was in prime.
              Watch right around the 2:00 minute mark. They clash their heads and Golovkin immediately touches that right eye. Not long after you can already see blood coming out. No punch caused the cut.

Comment

Don't know how the heck they gave that last round to Canelo. Anyway it was an entertaining fight. Both guys gave it all they had.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 02-03-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  golovkin always took punsihsment, win lose or draw.

but the second canelo fight was the first real beating he took. it will signal the beginningof th eend of his career. you rarely, if ever, see guys taking flush body shots and headshots for years and years with long careers. golovkin's style has overstayed its welcome. you need an unshakeable chin, youthful powers of recovery, and the confidence of an undefeated fighter in his prime to fight like that every time out. you can do it once if you need to, maybe a few times over the course of many years, but golokvin took bombs from everybody. curtis stevens, willie monroe, these guys all took some of their best shots on golovkin and he relied on his chin over all else.

we all know he's been on the sldie for a while, but was his career at its end? it's at its end now. guy arguably lost last time out to a euro who wouldn't hold his jock in his prime. he looks lost out there. like the guy remembers who the killer that he used to be is, and understands his old identity and that it's the only thing that made him elite, yet he can't fight that way any more. he's rich, depleted. he can't pull the trigger and his time as an elite is over.

i thought the first fight was a fair decision. the second fight really wasn't that close. canelo gave him a beating and golovkin gave in for the first time in his life.

good post !

it was clearly obvious who won that fight

even after the first fight... it was clearly obvious who is the better-skilled, more well-rounded, fighter...

Comment

Great work op

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
                      Nice, awhile back I was trying to harvest every variation of both fight broadcasts off p2p etc. Another one for the collection
                      Hey, I have kept forgetting to ask you if you have ever came across a commentary free broadcast of the first fight? I spent a bit of time a few weeks ago searching but turned up nothing. You?

Comment

Working...
                      X