This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Reece James does put in some sexy deliveries it has to be said.

Isn’t Kante still being played out of position?
    James is a monster. Got to put him and your boy Trent in England’s team somehow. I could score as no9 then ffs.

What is Kante’s position? I think most coaches just allow him to run around a lot. That’s what he did at Leicester. It’s only Conte who played him as a more traditional DM and he did really well. But I wouldn’t trust him to collect the ball under pressure now with how Chelsea and tbh most teams play.

I think now teams (the bad ones) just sit off and counter and it means Kante is exposed for his lack of relative technical ability. Other times he just seems to be caught too far up the pitch which is instruction I guess.

I think style wise Chelsea are decent so disagree with Flicker. It’s front foot, attacking football it’s just lack of quality at the moment.

I’d probably sell Kante in the summer. He is world class in a system that suits him but I think he could play for a better team than Chelsea and I think Chelsea will probably be a better team without him too

Comment

• Well, here goes Chelsea and Leicester's average player positions from the game.

Kante is apparently a #10 for Chelsea. (literally plays the same area of the pitch as Maddison)

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Well, here goes Chelsea and Leicester's average player positions from the game.

Kante is apparently a #10 for Chelsea. (literally plays the same area of the pitch as Maddison)
        Jeez, surely that’s not instruction.

Someone needs to sit down with him. He’s been in see football get football mode for months. His indiscipline is a real problem for us. Annoying as he’s what really should be our best player.

Jorginho has many faults but tactical indiscipline isn’t one of them - it’s why he and Mount always play.

Kante needs to be left out for sure

Comment

• Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone.

It would be insanity to willingly sell Kante, who is the only world class player Chelsea have at the moment.

He may be going through a rough patch but surely all the good he has done outweighs that?

Comment

• I don't believe it's 100% on Kante. Because Sarri was actually telling Kante to play that way.

With Lampard using Kante the same way as Sarri. I'd say it's both instruction and on Kante.

He's a world class ball winner. Being told to play like Kevin De Bruyne.

That's just not going to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone.

It would be insanity to willingly sell Kante, who is the only world class player Chelsea have at the moment.

He may be going through a rough patch but surely all the good he has done outweighs that?
              Playing like he is he’s not useful in how Chelsea want to play.

I accept he will move to a better team.

The issue is that we’re not good enough to leave him out. It’s a strange one. You end up with a player playing week in week out, bang out of form and we can never leave him out.

Been the same with Kepa. It’s taken 18 months to leave that guy out because of what he cost.

Round pegs in round holes just has to be done sometimes. Kante is the one who is being forced in at he minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Playing like he is he’s not useful in how Chelsea want to play.

I accept he will move to a better team.

The issue is that we’re not good enough to leave him out. It’s a strange one. You end up with a player playing week in week out, bang out of form and we can never leave him out.

Been the same with Kepa. It’s taken 18 months to leave that guy out because of what he cost.

Round pegs in round holes just has to be done sometimes. Kante is the one who is being forced in at he minute.
                Tbh I don’t think any team in the world is good enough to leave Kante out.

If you only have 1 world class player in the team surely you set the team up to play in a way that gets the best out of him?

It’s not even like he’s a new signing that flopped, he was voted the best player in the league AT CHELSEA.

Somethings not right with the way Chelsea want to play if Kante can’t fully flourish.

The reason I’m certain of that is because he has performed at a world class level in 3 different systems

Leicester’s counter attack classic 4-4-2 premier league winners

Chelsea’s premier league winners

France’ World Cup winners
                Last edited by Caught Square; 02-01-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Tbh I don’t think any team in the world is good enough to leave Kante out.

If you only have 1 world class player in the team surely you set the team up to play in a way that gets the best out of him?

It’s not even like he’s a new signing that flopped, he was voted the best player in the league AT CHELSEA.

Somethings not right with the way Chelsea want to play if Kante can’t fully flourish.

The reason I’m certain of that is because he has performed at a world class level in 3 different systems

Leicester’s counter attack classic 4-4-2 premier league winners

Chelsea’s premier league winners

France’ World Cup winners
                  Possibly there’s an answer. Or the answer is simply that his form has fallen of a cliff or an injury.

But if we can’t use him properly then Chelsea then we need to move him on.

From his perspective - he might be too good for us anyway.

Big decision for Lamps in the summer. I’m pretty sure Kante will go

Comment

• That's a big risk for Chelsea to take.

I think very early on, you can tell if a manager has it or not. Frank so far, to me, seems to be an Alan Pardew.

Not a Jurgen Klopp.

I could be wrong, who knows? Selling Kante or not, will be a choice that determines everything about him as a manager.
                    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 02-01-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      That Fred has looked half decent recently.

Not £50 million worth. But in world where Drinkwater was £35 mill and Bakayoko was £40 mill maybe he is.

I think Chelsea probably have an u-14 who is better than Drinkwater. Genuinely. Not even being facetious
                      He's been United's player of the season along with Rashford, which is both evidence of his own improvement and just how crap United are.

He's a good player. There will be a place for him even if United to do the unthinkable and get in a good manager + buy good players.

Comment

Working...
                      X