Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2019, 08:12 PM #51
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 25,454
Quoted: 13851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 151,221.41
Bank: 2,738.70
Total Points: 153,960.11
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
Wrong. Ortiz was already the WBA interim champion so ANY fight for the WBA belt should have included Ortiz. But Hearn signed Ortiz to freeze him out and have Joshua fight Klitschko instead.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]



Then, as you say, both the IBF and WBA mandatories were due. And Joshua chose Pulev. Then Pulev pulls out, and Joshua choses Takam. Ortiz now bypassed THREE times by Joshua. Then Joshua fights Povetkin, who's failed multiple rug tests but is treated very differently by the WBA, wouldn't you say?

But you're right. Ortiz didn't jump out. He was kicked out by the WBA for a non-WBA-sanctioned fight EVEN AFTER the WBC CLEARED him.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]



Exactly. The difference is the people telling the truth actually have the sources to back them up.
I thought after the Allen win Ortiz became the mando for the AJ and Wlad fight?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Then a few months later he signs with Al Haymon? Then before the the lil slut was supposed to be on Canelo's undercard working with GB?

Man Cubans make TERRIBLE business decision
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:15 PM #52
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 25,454
Quoted: 13851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 151,221.41
Bank: 2,738.70
Total Points: 153,960.11
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
the final offer was 7 million buddy. you are using old links. like i said haymon matched dazn's offer. great for ortiz.
You are correct! I was wrong earlier. They were desperate and threw another $2 million at him... Then Ruiz happened.

I still thing AJ KO's Ruiz. Took him as a joke like the rest of us. Even let him old his belts...
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:06 PM #53
Jkp Jkp is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,304
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
Jkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,690.11
Bank: 1,638.23
Total Points: 54,328.34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Itís so easy for people to believe propaganda over facts. Fact is he hasnít really fought much competition. He ducked the biggest payday of his career. Over his long active career he has a terrible resume for the hype he gets, when boxers like a whyte with a 2 year ban has a better resume than you then that says it all. Hope he retires now or hopefully the newcomers would fight him. He offers no one anything, let him sit on his hands at PBC and accuse others of ducking him.
Whyte ducked ortiz. Fact.
Whyte ducked guarantee title shots against AJ twice this year. Fact.

Only decent fights whyte has is beating parker by illegal head butt. And getting pummeled by a green AJ.
Jkp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:10 PM #54
Tosaken Tosaken is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 61
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Tosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these parts
Points: 2,511.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,511.97
Default

Ortiz has a great chance to beat any top ten Heavyweight. Aside from Wilder, no one had the boys to fight him. AJ could have offered a contract to him right at first instead of a short camp replacement. Too bad. Ortiz is better than Ruiz.
Tosaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:46 PM #55
Claude Palle Claude Palle is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 133
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Claude Palle is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Palle is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Palle is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Palle is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Palle is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Palle is a glorious beacon of light
Points: 5,430.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,430.50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkod View Post
So according to your version of "the truth" Ortiz was AJ's WBA mando before AJ even became the WBA champion!

What actually happened was that the WBA ordered the winner of AJ/Wlad to fight their mando Ortiz next, and the IBF also ordered the winner to fight their mando next, who was Pulev.

Obviously, the winner couldn't fight both of them next, so the IBF and WBA held a meeting and decided that the IBF mando should happen first, because it had been ordered first.

Nothing to with Hearn convincing anybody to do anything.



More ridiculous bullshit!

I explained above why it was that the IBF mando was given precedence over the WBA mando after AJ beat Wlad. Hearn didn't have the power to choose which one came first, ffs!

AJ didn't just just "somehow manage" to fight Takam after Pulev withdrew. Takam was next in line for the IBF mando position so AJ had to fight him next. That's how this stuff works.

And Ortiz didn't jump out of the WBA ranking because he realised he wasn't getting a shot. He opted to sign with Haymon and fight Wilder instead of waiting, and lost his WBA No1 ranking when he first failed a PED test, then got KTFO by Wilder.




These people seem to think that if they tell the same lies over and over again, the truth will be forgotten.

Carlos Takam was a "standby" opponent in case there was an issue with Pulev. Was he The legitimate " next in line" guy? Depends on how naive you are. Takam had a draw with Mike Perez and then won a decision over Tony Thompson. Follow that with a K.O loss to Povetkin and then three wins against no namers before dropping a decision to Joseph Parker. He followed with two wins to earn a title shot (Marcin Rekowski and Ivica Bacurin). Those two are only household names to the likes of Kafkod. Takam's rating was boxing corruption at it's finest. All set up by a shady promoter. Same old, same old for boxing. Some of us don't fall for it!
Claude Palle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:17 AM #56
Ray* Ray* is online now
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 40,659
Quoted: 7193 Post(s)
Rep Power: 101
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 71,553.53
Bank: 307,198.86
Total Points: 378,752.39
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkp View Post
Whyte ducked ortiz. Fact.
Whyte ducked guarantee title shots against AJ twice this year. Fact.

Only decent fights whyte has is beating parker by illegal head butt. And getting pummeled by a green AJ.
I donít really take your words as facts when it comes to Whyte, you have zero credibility when it comes to that name. I usually disregard anything to do with you and Whyte, his name triggers you for whatever reason.
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:17 AM #57
Tosaken Tosaken is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 61
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Tosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these partsTosaken is infamous around these parts
Points: 2,511.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,511.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Palle View Post
Carlos Takam was a "standby" opponent in case there was an issue with Pulev. Was he The legitimate " next in line" guy? Depends on how naive you are. Takam had a draw with Mike Perez and then won a decision over Tony Thompson. Follow that with a K.O loss to Povetkin and then three wins against no namers before dropping a decision to Joseph Parker. He followed with two wins to earn a title shot (Marcin Rekowski and Ivica Bacurin). Those two are only household names to the likes of Kafkod. Takam's rating was boxing corruption at it's finest. All set up by a shady promoter. Same old, same old for boxing. Some of us don't fall for it!
Well said. They obviously knew Pulev would pull out of the fight because he had done it before. They put Takam on stand-by right from the start of training camp. They did everything they could to avoid a fight with Ortiz.
Tosaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:40 AM #58
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 539
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
davefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to behold
Points: 25,069.40
Bank: 3,882.44
Total Points: 28,951.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
Makes sense taking the $7 million. But if he would of beat AJ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
I thought after the Allen win Ortiz became the mando for the AJ and Wlad fight?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Then a few months later he signs with Al Haymon? Then before the the lil slut was supposed to be on Canelo's undercard working with GB?

Man Cubans make TERRIBLE business decision
Ortiz thought he did everything right and got into the WBA mandatory position BEFORE the Joshua-Klitschko fight, only to get bypassed by Joshua.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
(search December 2016, then select Heavyweight)

So you can't really blame him. He took matters into his own hands, became his own boss and got a title shot with Wilder. Twice.

However, Ortiz's manager admitted he was wrong for holding out for more money for the Joshua fight. He was surprised Hearn picked Ruiz. But then, there was another surprise waiting around the corner, wasn't there...
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:24 AM #59
Lefty0616 Lefty0616 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 185
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2
Lefty0616 will become famous soon enough
Points: 8,627.09
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 9,962.55
Default Luis will be champion one day....

Wilder might be too much for Ortiz, but he has a chance to beat any other heavyweight champion out there....just as long as he can withstand their power.....and as long as his stamina doesn't fail him. The reasons he lost to Wilder is because he ran out of gas, and Wilder was too strong. The other heavyweight champions (or contenders) out there seem to have issues witt their own stamina, boxing skills, and more. To be honest no heavyweight boxer is in a league of their own - to include Wilder. I know......I'm all over the place. So is the heavyweight division. Everything is up for grabs........
Lefty0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:11 PM #60
Jkp Jkp is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,304
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
Jkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond reputeJkp has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,690.11
Bank: 1,638.23
Total Points: 54,328.34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosaken View Post
Ortiz has a great chance to beat any top ten Heavyweight. Aside from Wilder, no one had the boys to fight him. AJ could have offered a contract to him right at first instead of a short camp replacement. Too bad. Ortiz is better than Ruiz.
Yep, ortiz with a full training camp was too dangerous for AJ.
Jkp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.