No announcement yet.

The Kellerman/Walters post fight interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Kellerman is just an awful interviewer. He totally railroads the interviewee with his novel-length questions. Keep it simple Max ffs
    It is especially horrible when he does this to fighters that speak only a small amount of english. The way he phrases things is very confusing and they have no idea what he is talking about.

Comment

Keep your head up Walters. We still have your back. Walters will bounce back. It might not be on HBO though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Man that was cringe worthy. I mean the question pretty much had to be asked, so I don't fault Max at all. But still, man. Between the boos raining down and watching Walters try his best to explain why he quit -- it was tough to watch.

And did anybody notice Arum in the background? He was right behind Walters during the entire duration of the interview and had this huge grin on his face the entire time... lol wtf was that?
        Lol it couldn't have gone better for Arum... He knows Walters is going to leave him as soon as his contract is up, so he got Loma the best publicity by making him quit...

AND, Walters only made HALF of what he was offered back in the summer! While Loma got DOUBLE what he was offered in the summer!

The brilliant old man played his cards perfectly, as usual!

This outcome was even better than Arum hoped for!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I meant to make a thread about the post fight interview but not on this topic though.

Prior to the fight, HBO's crew mentioned how Walters was out of the ring a year trying to get the best deal possible for the fight. The word around here was that he was pricing himself out.

But did anyone notice Walters said something along these lines: I haven't fought in a year and you guys kept him busy.

He made it sound as if HBO was doing him dirty behind the scenes or something.
          Walters can only blame himself he was offered the fight in the summer with a bigger purse and he priced himself out, the fight was going to happen in May and at that point they would of had about the same layoff

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
            Lol it couldn't have gone better for Arum... He knows Walters is going to leave him as soon as his contract is up, so he got Loma the best publicity by making him quit...

AND, Walters only made HALF of what he was offered back in the summer! While Loma got DOUBLE what he was offered in the summer!

The brilliant old man played his cards perfectly, as usual!

This outcome was even better than Arum hoped for!
            Idk about that I think I heard or read somewhere that Walters had to sign an extension to get this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I meant to make a thread about the post fight interview but not on this topic though.

Prior to the fight, HBO's crew mentioned how Walters was out of the ring a year trying to get the best deal possible for the fight. The word around here was that he was pricing himself out.

But did anyone notice Walters said something along these lines: I haven't fought in a year and you guys kept him busy.

He made it sound as if HBO was doing him dirty behind the scenes or something.
              I think he was taking a dig at Arum tbh.. Even in another interview he said something similar.. "Keep Me Busy" - implies that Walters did not get to fight because all this time of his promoters..

Comment

That interview was hard to watch. I did not like how he quit, but I felt for the guy during the post fight interview. The way he was thanking the fans while the boos were raining down, was uncomfortable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
                  Walters can only blame himself he was offered the fight in the summer with a bigger purse and he priced himself out, the fight was going to happen in May and at that point they would of had about the same layoff
                  People in the game are shady af and you can't always assume it's all on the fighter. Ok, let's say he did turn down the fight. Why didnt Arum get him another fight in the mean time?
                  Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  I think he was taking a dig at Arum tbh.. Even in another interview he said something similar.. "Keep Me Busy" - implies that Walters did not get to fight because all this time of his promoters..
                  Im not sure if he was taking a dig at Arum or HBO but it sure as hell sounded like it wasn't just his fault for being inactive. That "trying to get the best deal possible" wasn't the only reason for him being active.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Keep your head up Walters. We still have your back. Walters will bounce back. It might not be on HBO though.
                    your boy quit what happened to the axe man?

Comment

It was an interview that didn't need to happen~ because it was clear as day what went down and nothing said was going to amount to anything for anyone.

I pretty much consider all in-ring post fight interviews as useless trash though, so not like this was any different from the rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X