No announcement yet.

Tyson Gay's 15yo daughter killed in Kentucky shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    I'm pretty sure the second amendment was not meant to be fooled with - the same concept and principle of a tyrannical government exists all the same - and the people having a right to defend against, or overthrow it.

They wrote that amendment because they did have the foresight to realize that at any point in the future, the same threat of being ruled over by a "king" like they used to be, could happen.

I'm more of an originalist when interpreting the constitution... But there are differing schools of thought on how it should be read, and interpreted with changing times.
    With the weaponry around today anyone thinking guns citizens can buy is helping save the country from being overthrown is being silly.

Well, cities with the toughest gun laws, have the highest murder rates. So certainly all evidence we have right now, in USA, shows that stricter gun laws do not in fact reduce gun crime.
    Laws are one thing, straight out ending guns getting to the public at large is a whole other thing. I got little doubt for the first couple years the stats may look similar, but there would for sure be a consistent downward trend cuz less and less guns would be in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      With the weaponry around today anyone thinking guns citizens can buy is helping save the country from being overthrown is being silly.

Laws are one thing, straight out ending guns getting to the public at large is a whole other thing. I got little doubt for the first couple years the stats may look similar, but there would for sure be a consistent downward trend cuz less and less guns would be in play.

Not really... Look how hard Iraqi's and Syrians are resisting with basic assault rifles, and an occasional rocket launcher... Air superiority and high-tech weapons can only go so far - you still gotta get boots on the ground, going house to house, etc. to "hold" an area after the initial takeover...

With a lot of citizens having assault rifles, it would be hard as hell...

But you have to ask yourself, at what cost? Who would be the ones getting killed if as you say, "literally all guns are no longer allowed"? Even if the OVERALL murder rate decreases, INNOCENT victims would still be getting killed at a higher rate because they would be the ones obeying the law and having no way to defend themselves against thugs who are still armed, OR, simply attack in numbers where a gun would be the only way to defend yourself.

They are still gonna find a way to rob people without guns, and if an innocent person doesn't have that equalizer...

In the world we live in, at least in USA, the "thug ethos" in certain communities COMBINED with the huge differences in standard of living, and material items/material wants, means there will be A LOT of attacks, and robberies against innocent people, with or without guns.

And females being attacked by rapists... Even if the rapist isn't armed, a female should have that equalizer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
        If she would have had a real mom or dad this wouldnt have happened. What was she doing out of her bed at4 in the morning with a bunch of guys? Shes only 15.
        DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

but hey its racism doe...

Not really... Look how hard Iraqi's and Syrians are resisting with basic assault rifles, and an occasional rocket launcher... Air superiority and high-tech weapons can only go so far - you still gotta get boots on the ground, going house to house, etc. to "hold" an area after the initial takeover...

With a lot of citizens having assault rifles, it would be hard as hell...

But you have to ask yourself, at what cost? Who would be the ones getting killed if as you say, "literally all guns are no longer allowed"? Even if the OVERALL murder rate decreases, INNOCENT victims would still be getting killed at a higher rate because they would be the ones obeying the law and having no way to defend themselves against thugs who are still armed, OR, simply attack in numbers where a gun would be the only way to defend yourself.

They are still gonna find a way to rob people without guns, and if an innocent person doesn't have that equalizer...

In the world we live in, at least in USA, the "thug ethos" in certain communities COMBINED with the huge differences in standard of living, and material items/material wants, means there will be A LOT of attacks, and robberies against innocent people, with or without guns.

And females being attacked by rapists... Even if the rapist isn't armed, a female should have that equalizer.
        great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
          Yessir!

It's literally a constitutional right to have the right to "bear" arms.

Just like free speech.

I know over in UK you guys can be arrested for hurting somebody's feelings on twitter, but in USA we have different laws about freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

but hey its racism doe...

great post.
            Thanks mate - you as well had a great post on the thread regarding the black dude "DOOKY-ING" his pants, after trying to steal the older black dude's truck.

Comment

Well you said it right there. We took over Iraq already. We got their leader taken out. We put in a puppet guy & now we just got some weird status quo half measures bs going on there thats making it so we can't **** or get off the pot. The US military could turn Iraq into a parking lot any day of the week...if they wanted. They could do the same to US citizens in America if they were asked to.

I don't see the logic here. Most people don't own guns already & aren't "defending" themselves from thugs now. If there are less guns logic would dictate to me that there is less chance for a thug to end up using a gun against a person able to defend themselves with a weapon or gun or without a weapon or gun. Its math **** like I keep saying. Right now supposedly there is about 300M+ guns in the US with about ~15M being sold each year. Now lets say guns got banned tomorrow. Thats 15M number is dead in the water to put more guns into the streets. And lets say half of the guns got turned in or taken upon guns being made illegal. That right there drops the guns in the US from 300M+ to 150M+. If 12,000 people are dying cuz of guns per year usually I think its much more likely with half the guns half the deaths will be a more reasonable outcome than some of the cats with guns go out on killing sprees since they know there are more people without guns even doe most people don't have guns already.

Well yea. No guns wouldn't stop crime from happening. If the meanest weapon on the streets was a stuffed animal there is still going to be crime. I'm only talking about deaths. Most people don't have a "equalizer" now & I believe statistically crime is at an all time low or one of its lowest points in US history. The reality with crime in America is you are already locked up, you got social safeguards that give you the help you need when you are desperate or its just not in your DNA to go out & do crime or at least a lot of random crime thus "equalizers" are at a all time low along with the need for them in the US & rightfully so.

Comment

Well you said it right there. We took over Iraq already. We got their leader taken out. We put in a puppet guy & now we just got some weird status quo half measures bs going on there thats making it so we can't **** or get off the pot. The US military could turn Iraq into a parking lot any day of the week...if they wanted. They could do the same to US citizens in America if they were asked to.

I don't see the logic here. Most people don't own guns already & aren't "defending" themselves from thugs now. If there are less guns logic would dictate to me that there is less chance for a thug to end up using a gun against a person able to defend themselves with a weapon or gun or without a weapon or gun. Its math **** like I keep saying. Right now supposedly there is about 300M+ guns in the US with about ~15M being sold each year. Now lets say guns got banned tomorrow. Thats 15M number is dead in the water to put more guns into the streets. And lets say half of the guns got turned in or taken upon guns being made illegal. That right there drops the guns in the US from 300M+ to 150M+. If 12,000 people are dying cuz of guns per year usually I think its much more likely with half the guns half the deaths will be a more reasonable outcome than some of the cats with guns go out on killing sprees since they know there are more people without guns even doe most people don't have guns already.

Well yea. No guns wouldn't stop crime from happening. If the meanest weapon on the streets was a stuffed animal there is still going to be crime. I'm only talking about deaths. Most people don't have a "equalizer" now & I believe statistically crime is at an all time low or one of its lowest points in US history. The reality with crime in America is you are already locked up, you got social safeguards that give you the help you need when you are desperate or its just not in your DNA to go out & do crime or at least a lot of random crime thus "equalizers" are at a all time low along with the need for them in the US & rightfully so.

Just about every week you hear of stories of someone fending off a would-be robber, rapist, or killer with a gun... And that's just what you see reported on the news.

My point is that even if you banned guns, and took more guns out of the hands of thugs, they would still rob people... This time they might do it with another weapon, or form a mob and do it... Now the innocent victim SHOULD HAVE the right to buy a gun to have an equalizer against this threat.

And yeah, it could turn USA into a "parking lot," but then there'd be no citizens to fill the tasks that it takes to run a country lol... And a lot of infrastructure would be lost.. Usually a tyrannical government still wants to appease as many people as possible, and often the government retains the support and backing of some of the citizens. The best way to lose that would be to start carpet bombing them and their families homes,businesses, etc. They wouldn't wanna ruin their own country!

Moreover, the government is made up of the people!

Americans should have the best chance possible to fight a tyrannical government. That is the whole logic behind the second amendment - and there's no reason for us not to keep honoring it.
                Last edited by Cheek busting; 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Also, why are their countries that have high per capita gun ownerships with extremely low gun murder like switzerland?

Clearly, trying to ban guns is NOT addressing the real underlying issue of violence in America.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a culture problem with a certain demographic in America. If you banned all the guns, they'd still be killing all the same just with different weapons...

Nobody will come out and say we have a problem with the "thug ethos" among young black males. I mean 3-5% of the population is committing well over 50% of violent crime/gun crime (robbery, homicide, etc.)... That is absolutely scandalous, and needs to be addressed..

Comment

99% of legal gun owners will never commit a crime with a gun. I don't know that stat for sure, but I'm very comfortable in stating it before checking...

Why should those responsible gun owners, have to forfeit their guns because a small percentage of the population is using guns acquired ILLEGALLY to commit overwhelming amount of the crimes?

It just boggles the mind why some people want to "ban all guns" for everyone.

Oh well, it's NEVER gonna happen in USA. There's no way guns will ever be made completely illegal. Worst case scenario is they ban assault rifles... But handguns are never gonna get banned...

Comment

Clearly, trying to ban guns is NOT addressing the real underlying issue of violence in America.
                      I'd suggest the problem of violence is being dealt with quite well as crime is at a all time low or lowest in quite some time & we got a record prison population. The need for guns have never been less.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a culture problem with a certain demographic in America. If you banned all the guns, they'd still be killing all the same just with different weapons...
                      I got no problem with criminals killing or trying to kill criminals. The issue with guns is it easily leads into innocent bystanders being murdered in situations like originally mentioned in this thread. Any idiot with a 72 IQ can shoot a gun & murder people. Thats a problem. There is no weapon as accessible that allows for more people to be killed in such easy fashion. Thats the problem with gun. Not "certain demographics" lol. Its the guns any demographic can...& do...use to kill human beings.

Nobody will come out and say we have a problem with the "thug ethos" among young black males. I mean 3-5% of the population is committing well over 50% of violent crime/gun crime (robbery, homicide, etc.)... That is absolutely scandalous, and needs to be addressed..
                      Anyone paying attention knows there is a problem with young black kids killing each other in certain big cities. No one is saying that isn't a problem. Certainly I'm not saying that at very least. I'm saying its a problem when ANYONE innocent is killed by a person of ANY RACE (& ANY RACE people are killing innocent people, like it or not, with guns). I could give a f#ck about racial issues with innocent people dying cuz of guns. I could give a f#ck about the racial breakdown of who's shooting innocent people or the racial breakdown of who's the innocent people getting shot. Its the fact innocent people are getting shot thats my problem & I feel THE problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X