Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple G today vs Middleweight James Toney

How does this play out and why

I like GGG a lot . Fun to watch.
    But he is tailor made for a james toney.
    Similar to the barkley fight . But a little more competitive.
    James was special, so special it took a roy jones to
    Expose his weakness.

Comment

James Toney UD. Hard to say how competitive it would be since GGG hasn't been tested.

Comment

James Toney decapitates him. Not even remotely a close fight

Comment

Bad style matchup for Golovkin. Toney win.

Comment

this discussion should wait until triple G is retired and has lived out his career he still hasn't been tested yet so who really knows who would win but going off of toneys HOF career he would destroy todays golovkin

Comment

Toney takes this IMO. Defense with constant counters as well as his style always worked best when they brought the aggression to him. Although GGG is a smart fighter he doesn't just throw bombs. He varies the timing speed and power on punches to upset your rhythm as well as your defense and offense. He's not a stupid fighter. But I'd give the edge to Toney

Comment

Toney at middleweight was a monster and GGG is a fight Toney would win by either late KO or UD.

I like GGG but need to see more.. A Sergio fight could show how monstrous this guy could be.

Comment

At this stage of what I've seen from GGG too far.. Toney will run all over him. Toney will set traps, have faster combinations, and it will be really hard to hit Toney with the kind of right hands GGG tends to throw.

I think the speed differential will be a huge problem for GGG against the craft of Toney.
                  Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Damn all these serious answers. I was about to notch another one in the fantasy win column for the most feared man..

Got Toney winning 10 easy rounds.. Losing the first 2 out of 3 to figure this guy out.

Comment

Working...
                    X