No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post
    Floyd would have never stopped canelo,alot of those shots looked weak but were flush,if canelo decided to put aggresion to floyd it still wouldnt of mattered he would of still pot shotted to a win,but definatly i highly,highly doubt he would have stopped canelo
    Floyd hurt Alvarez with a few shots homie..Esp late in that fight,but Alvarez was smart enough never to over commit..You seem like you box,so you know any shot landed right(esp in the right spot)can turn your lights off..Alvarez understood that which was why he never over committed to anything,and coasted to his first loss..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Floyd hurt Alvarez with a few shots homie..Esp late in that fight,but Alvarez was smart enough never to over commit..You seem like you box,so you know any shot landed right(esp in the right spot)can turn your lights off..Alvarez understood that which was why he never over committed to anything,and coasted to his first loss..
      I disagree,floyd landed sum good shots at times but canelo walked through it,hes got a durable chin.floyd hurt cotto,i would agree with you on that topic,but he didnt rock canelo no way,thats what i would consider HURT..IMHO

Comment

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        I disagree,floyd landed sum good shots at times but canelo walked through it,hes got a durable chin.floyd hurt cotto,i would agree with you on that topic,but he didnt rock canelo no way,thats what i would consider HURT..IMHO
        I would consider hurt when a fighter is almost KO'd or looks hurt we're you can see it..So no Alvarez was not hurt in that sense..He was rocked enough to now attack May hard late..We are talking about a fighter who does not know how to lose..A young fighter at that,you mean to tell me if those punches did not have an effect on him he would not have pushed harder??Come on now bro,Alvarez knew catching something clean would hurt him visibly and with his stamina issues he may not have recovered..

Mayweather will never take himself out of position so would not have expected him to get to careless looking for a KO..If Alvarez would have said fucck it and dared to be great,I think he would have been sat down..I also believe a KO would not have been out of the question..I believe Alvarez knew this as well..

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Floyd would walk down Lara and beat him up pretty badly. Lara cant handle pressure, and Canelo is far bigger and stronger than Lara. Floyd walked Canelo down, trapped him on the ropes, and beat that giant up. Lara may have footwork, but the problem is Floyd does too. Floyd can turn his on, off, go flatfooted, and fly out of the way when you least expect it! But I think Lara is still a good opponent for Floyd at 54! Lara, Molina, Kirkland. I would like to see Peter Quillin come down in weight.
          Floyd walked Canelo down?? What fight were you watching?? You mean the time Canelo backed up on his own to bait floyd to the ropes but floyd decided to pot-shot and it him with a nice upper-cut? Floyd outboxed Canelo because he has more experience but beat-up??? Hardly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            I would consider hurt when a fighter is almost KO'd or looks hurt we're you can see it..So no Alvarez was not hurt in that sense..He was rocked enough to now attack May hard late..We are talking about a fighter who does not know how to lose..A young fighter at that,you mean to tell me if those punches did not have an effect on him he would not have pushed harder??Come on now bro,Alvarez knew catching something clean would hurt him visibly and with his stamina issues he may not have recovered..

Mayweather will never take himself out of position so would not have expected him to get to careless looking for a KO..If Alvarez would have said fucck it and dared to be great,I think he would have been sat down..I also believe a KO would not have been out of the question..I believe Alvarez knew this as well..
            Please when was the last time Floyd Ko'd anybody? He never in his dreams would Ko canelo or anybody above 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by INGLEWOOD View Post
              Please when was the last time Floyd Ko'd anybody? He never in his dreams would Ko canelo or anybody above 147.
              If so why did Guerrero and Alvarez just give all out pressure??LMAO..Sure Floyd has no power..

Comment

• He does have the tools to challenge Floyd but he also got exposed quite a bit by Angulo. I think Canelo gives him problem and tests his chin. Angulo rematch gives him an opportunity to prove us wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by INGLEWOOD View Post
                  Floyd walked Canelo down?? What fight were you watching?? You mean the time Canelo backed up on his own to bait floyd to the ropes but floyd decided to pot-shot and it him with a nice upper-cut? Floyd outboxed Canelo because he has more experience but beat-up??? Hardly!
                  Floyd stood in the pocket with Alvarez the majority of the fight..At times he did walk Alvarez down..I really don't believe you know what your watching homie..By the sounds of it,you must have slept right through the whole fight..

Comment

• I think Lara would give Floyd some trouble, that would be an interesting fight but Floyd is on another level. Last time Lara fought somebody who can think in the ring, he arguably lost. I wanna see Lara vs Canelo/Molina winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Alvarez didn't learn to do a damn thing in the last few rounds against Mayweather, and he'd walk into much harder shots than Floyd throws against Lara if he tried to fight the way he did the last few rounds last week.
                      [QUOTE=Rome-By-Ko;13774472]You bugging out,Alvarez did not learn anything late against Floyd..Except how not to dare to be great..He knew if he tried,he'd most likely be stopped,Lara can handle Alvarez and I would not even expect Alvarez to bring all out pressure..That's not really what(or who)Alvarez really is..

Canelo's only hope of beating Floyd was to apply pressure. He tried to box, but at the end of the fight he started to use his size to be more aggressive. Canelo is a much better fighter than Perro who dropped Lara. Perro is a bum and he gave Lara fits. Canelo may be a boxer, but he gained something from this fight. How to fight these styles, and he is waaaay faster than Perro the bumito!

Comment

Working...
                      X