Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOTR VS Harry Potter... which is better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant stand either of them. LOTR is just the adult version of harry potter. Ok yeah it came first or whatever. Watched one of those in the theater and it just went on and on forever. almost 3 hours of that goblins and wizard ****, I cant take it anymore. I remember the last half hour the screen kept going black and me and my buddies thought it was finally over then it would come back and still keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      I love me some Harry Potter, but LOTR was the best work of fiction of the 20th century so...
      let's not get carried away now.

the sheer inventive effort that went into creating middle earth is very impressive and tolkien did a good job at emulating the folkloric tradition, but he was not a particularly competent writer.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        let's not get carried away now.

the sheer inventive effort that went into creating middle earth is very impressive and tolkien did a good job at emulating the folkloric tradition, but he was not a particularly competent writer.
        1. Yes he was
        2. The breadth of history that he created for his world is staggering. There's as much history of Middle Earth as there is for America haha it's unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Yes sir; it's one of the greatest OAT.
          And the biggest letdown of Return of the King is that none of those fights matched Helm's Deep. It was too damn good.

Comment

I've seen LOTR plenty of times such they keep replaying it on encore, so its watered down after many years. But I remember upon first viewing that they were amazing. Harry potter wasnt bad either. I dont have a problem saying that, and I think all movies were that much better than both expendables movies.

So those two are about even

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              And the biggest letdown of Return of the King is that none of those fights matched Helm's Deep. It was too damn good.
              Exactly, I thought Part 3 was gonna be much bigger and build off 2; but the schitt just didn't add up

Comment

These shouldnt be compared at all. Harry Potter is good quick read, but overall LOTR is just one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Lord of the Rings 2 is an ATG.

I only rank it behind Gladiator and Rocky 4 as my all time favorite with Troy coming in 3rd.

Some of the best fight scenes I've ever witnessed

Rocky 4 was fake bro. The robot in their dining hall? Meh.

Troy had some **** acting by Brad too.

LOL.

My stream kept ****ing up so didn't watch HP in full. Gonna borrow my girls's DVD and start from the beginning.

Comment

Honestly I couldn't tell you. I fell sleep within the first five minutes of each movie. But from those five minutes that I manage to stay awake I say LOTR. I honestly give props to whom ever could sit and watch an entire LOTR movie, sht's too long and boring

Comment

Every single one of you GOT DESTROYED

THE REST OF THE WORLD FEELS POTTER IS THE SUPERIOR BASED ON SALES ALONE, LET ALONE MOVIES REVIEWS AND IMPACT

LOTR GOT OBLITERATED DESPITE THE POLL ON A BOXING WEBSITE

Potter prevails once again... .

sorry guys Potter Destroyed the Bible in most sellers whether a bunch of boxing fanatics voting wrongfully in their polls like it or not..

Comment

Working...
                      X