Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most over rated fighter today......who is it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing for sure ! if rating is what you really are , as opposed to what hype says you are , then without a doubt the most over rated WW , not only today , but in history , no question is Manny ! the dude is made out to be superman that is so managed and protected by special Manny rules that he has just been added to the world endangered species list by National Geographic .

Comment

I have no names to post but I notice there can be two types of fighters here.

First, the overhyped fighters that recieve alot of threads and stories but still manage to lose alot of their big fights. They can get thread after thread here.

Secondly, the still relatively untested fighters that have won titles and made title defenses but have yet to fight a meaningful fighter. There are people already comparing them to the alltime greats.

There are alot fighters presently in the second category.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez!!!

He has yet to even fight any of the top fighters in his Division but somehow he is rated #1 in his Division by many and is currently the WBC Champion and tonight he is fighting a Light Welterweight

So remind me again what is the Big Hype About This Guy? Because he has Red Hair? Because I certainly don't see anything impressive about him in the Ring so far

Also: Broner (though he does have talent AT LEAST), GGG (one win over "Super G" and people was ready to label him a All Time Great), Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao (but the hype has died down since he have not looked all that impressive in his last 3 Fights or so), also have Donaire on that list as well, he haven't looked that good in his last few fights either...hell since his win over Montiel to be honest
        Last edited by sicko; 09-15-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          Name 3 fighters in all of boxing with better resumes than Andre Ward over the past three years.
          three years, easy:

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Martinez, Donaire almost on equal footings and the fact that Marquez fought both Pac and Mayweather puts his resume in a different league to Ward. He lost to May yes but his fight with Pac was the clearest points victory in their trilogy. The judges must have been blind.

So there you have it.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez is the most overrated boxer in the world. He hasn't done anything for that title, hasn't beat any top 154 fighters, fights blown up fighters who shouldn't be in the ring with him. And is somehow rated as one of the best at 154.

Far and away the most overrated right now. That being said I enjoy watching him fight but am ready to see him in tough with Lara, cotto, Molina, floyd, Kirkland...anyone

Comment

Working...
            X