No announcement yet.

Boxing - Mosley vs Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome skills? He has two things going for him:

Decent punching power (although even now that's not what it was thought to be) and his skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
      Mesi is the Frank Mir of HW boxing. Awesome skills, very marketable, but no heart and no gas
      Funny, the only thing I thought the guy has is heart. He was wwaaaaaaay ahead in the score cards and yet he decided to go out there and keep on fighting like if he was losing.
      Skills? Mesi's hooks throw him off balance almost every single time. i don't what fight you were watching.

Comment

Mesi is a decent heavyweight, but I wouldn't really consider him to be a top 10 guy. You kind of have to wonder why HBO would throw a lot of its weight behind somebody like that.
        Anyway, Mesi was in there with Jirov, a blown-up cruiserweight. Mesi had the size advantage against a slow and very methodical opponent–almost robotic. Any of the top five heavyweights in the world would've gotten Jirov out of there. But Mesi couldn't close the show, and he nearly got knocked out in the process.
        Awesome skills? No way. Mesi doesn't do anything outstanding at all. He puts his punches together well and can move ok. But I just don't see him beating any of the elite heavyweights.
        On the Mosley-Wright fight: Wright just boxed like he normally does. I didn't see anything different than in his last fights. Mosley, on the other hand, was just in over his head. The power edge he had as a lightweight and welterweight just isn't there anymore as a jr. middle. Mosley ran into a guy who's bigger and stronger and can box. That's all.
        But you really can't blame Mosley for moving up. At 154, that's where the money is.

Comment

****. i underestimated winky. never again. good fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
            I am betting on Winky.
            Anybody who has seen Winky fight before knew that he was gonna whoop that sloppy mofo like he stole something.

Comment

Working...
            X