No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe Is Vastly Underrated And Could Beat Any HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
    Tyson and Bowe didn't fight because they were friends. Lewis was dusted by McCall and didn't improve much from the amateurs to pros. Bowe improved by leaps and bounds. He was a better boxer than Lewis with more power, a better jab and better cardio.
    dude wake up. bowe was clearly scared ****less of lewis and blatantly ducked him. bowe avoided big punchers his whole career and sorry but bowe doesnt hit nearly as hard as lewis. bowe was never a big one punch guy. he got hit way too much. lewis and even the klits would have taken him out

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
      Today I decided to watch 15 or so of Bowe's fights. He was a monster. With the best HW trainer of all time (Eddie Futch RIP) and motivated, Bowe was basically unstoppable. He outclassed, dominated and beatdown Holyfield. Prime for prime Bowe destroys both Klitschkos brothers. He has the 2nd greatest jab in HW history (behind Ali only), big power, could fight inside and out, had a great right hand, left hook, uppercut, you name it. It's sad that they refused to fight Lewis as a pro due to purse percentages. Lewis beat Bowe in the Olympics, but that was long before Bowe hooked up with Futch and got his act together. Still, Bowe in shape and motivated is a top 5 HW and could have beaten any HW on any night. He also had a great punch volume and cardio in his prime.
      Holyfield was what, 210 pounds or so in the first fight? He landed bomb after bomb on Bowe but just didnt have the size or punch to hurt him badly.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        if riddick was underrated, its his fault. he wasnt devoted enough to the sport. he could have been great, but instead he chose to be fat. no different fom james toney
        I agree with this. The Riddick Bowe from the first Holyfield fight could beat a lot of heavyweights, but it's no one's fault but Riddick Bowe that all that potential wasn't lived up to.

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
          It is a good point, Bowe and Douglas. But I think Bowe was a far superior fighter in every way, obviously. Douglas was the better Cinderella Story! I like that comparison though, spot on!
          Cheers. Obviously Bowe had a lot more potential than Douglas, and performed at a higher level throughout his career, but the two have a lot more in common than many people think.

Comment

Working...
          X