Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
    made a thread about this already

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=390089

Floyd will never be GOAT, its too late for him its too risky now. even if he beats pacquiao all he will get from it is bragging rights, that will be all. he will be known in the future as the boxer who have the skills the greatest of all times that never was and hes only got himself to blame. he may have amassed fortunes fighting and that will be the highlight of his career. the boxer who have the skills but lacks the substance. a racing car that never entered a real race. he will also be known as a queer who throws tantrums on interviews, who coughs out contradictions and nonsense. im a gorilla, im a dog, twenty years from now that will be the funniest **** any boxer in history have said. floyd mayweather will be remembered as a circus act, no disrespect to Harlem globtrotters, he will be like them in comparison to the NBA. so much skills but only for show not for competition.

Word.........

Comment

this article is not relevant all the way through (it's pretty biased too)

we're in a different era and context now, steroids use is a very concerning problem today while it was not the case in Ali's era

as for his willingness to fight the best, people are a bit severe towards Mayweather, as he was willing to fight the best sometimes but was denied the opportunity

prime Mosley
      Tszyu

he did fight undefeated Corrales, undefeated Hatton, Judah, Hernandez, Castillo, aging Mosley, aging De la Hoya, Manfredy, Gatti, Augustus, Corley, Chavez,...

It is when he went up to 147 that Mayweather's opposition started to lack the top names (Margarito, Cotto,...)

of course you can't compare his overall record to the one of Ali, but I don't think all the blame should be put on Mayweather, he's no coward

give Floyd a ****ing break...
      Last edited by Tiozzo; 06-07-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        I think Floyd is the #2 Jr. Light all time behind Arguello; he might have beaten Alexis but AA gets the nod because his comp was just a lot better. That's ATG enough when considering the best of that class (i.e. Chocolate, Nelson, Serrano...deep class). Floyd invites the wild reactions he gets, but that doesn't mean his career can't also be objectively measured.
        I have no idea how some people come to the conclusion that Floyd should be rated that high in the superfeather class

tell me : why should he be ranked that high at SFW ??? I just don't see it

beat a lot of bums to start his career (like everybody does), earned a shot at the champion, beat Hernandez to win the WBC title, then beat Manfredy, made 8 successful defenses against ordinary to good competition , beat Chavez, Corrales before going up to 135 lbs

that's it

he was obviously on top of his game at 130, he looked unbeatable, he had power that he lost going up in weight, but he hasn't beaten many great fighters at 130

so how can you rate him ahead of Elorde, Kid Chocolate and Nelson ??? this is a mystery to me, I want to hear why

I would rate him no higher than #4 all-time SFW
        Last edited by Tiozzo; 06-07-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X