Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua fake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see most of you are taking the piss and not taking anything I said seriously.

Comment

Even if you ignore his olympic gold medal his Am career was very impressive. He took up boxing in 2008 and by 2011 he was 2 x ABA champion and World Championships silver medallist.

as a pro the biggest complaint is the fact he got a title that he hasnt earned. His actual progression has been slow, but not ridiculously so by modern standards. Brezeale is a tough high level journeyman/ fringe contender if you are being generous. Whyte just proved he is about the level of a motivated Chisora. Others like Bahktov were supposed to give him more rounds but didnt. Now he is going for the no.1 ranked HW in the world (if you include Tyson Fury as champion).

Id have like for him to have worked his way up through the top 10 a bit more, but most would say that him vs Wlad is a 50/50 ish fight and that is what all of us want to see in boxing. Time could be limited in getting Wlad in the ring so they had to strike with this fight now

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        So you've seen the youtube documentary too? It's nuts man. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see all that undeniable proof.
        No i didnt see it but i heard else where what was going on from a insider i know they call them selves the (Shadowloo ) or something ? Eddies father Barry created the organization way back and was going to do the same with Lennox Lewis but the technology wasnt there yet . Now fast Eddie has plans to make Joshua into a some type of prototype cyborg where the athletic commissioning wont detect any metal structures around the skull or hands and take over the boxing world .It will produce about 20% more punching power and punch resistance for the fragile Joshua .

And believe me Joshua needs this bc he wont get far on his limited skill and hes probably the least natural boxer ive ever seen, Slow as hell and no reflexes at all the guy is dumb as a rock too,lucky Eddie is working on a ground breaking computer chip you implant in the brain for faster reaction times etc ...... Joshua needs to make an actual in ring appearance before Eddie and co . get caught !

Talentless slow dimwit Joshua has alot of nerve i'll tell you that but you got to hand it to fast Eddie he tricked everyone and sold a talentless bum into a World clsss fighter who can do it all , what were the boxing fools thinking that what they were watching was a real person who picked the wrong occupation it was only a hologram from the start??
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-21-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

If people were honest about the level he's really at I wouldn't have a problem, but there's a ridiculous amount of hype around him. It seems to me even Wladimir Klitschko has fallen for the hype.

If he beats Kiltschko, what will it prove? Klitschko hasn't fought in over a year since his loss to Tyson Fury, and a lot of people put that down to Klitschko being old... he hasn't got any younger. The man's 41 years old.
          The last time Klitschko won a fight was almost two years ago.
          Last edited by JadeaKallen; 02-21-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I was hoping for some real opinions but all I'm getting is kids taking the piss.

Comment

AJ hasn ot yet fought a true world class fighter...depending on how you view Whyte's progression. However, in just his 19th or20th fight he is stepping into the ring with an atg with one loss in a decade and in the absence of Fury, the best heavyweight on the planet.

If AJ batters him and KOs him, he deserves all the props.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                Agreed. His world class physique and studious attitude has allowed to him to cover a lot of ground in relatively short time, but his late start will always haunt him. Certain instincts are just not there
                It was during the Buster Douglas fight, where Sugar Ray Leonard stated that fighters always revert back to type! when they are under serious pressure! Mike Tyson was a instinctive fighter, and that was shown during his career! even when he was out of shape and ill prepared he was still dangerous, and his punching technique/fundamentals that Cus D'amato taught him never really went out the window! (That's how he was able to drop Buster Douglas! and stay competitive for so long even when he was neglecting training!)...

During the Dillian Whyte fight, Joshua was put under pressure! and for some strange reason his legs stopped moving, and in my opinion he looked like a novice amateur! (Just a big strong black guy who can punch!)...

Before that fight David Haye was very passive towards his potential match up with Anthony Joshua, but soon after that fight can remember David Haye suddenly becoming more confident during interviews in regards to his ability to spark Joshua out (Fighters have very astute perceptions and Haye detected flaws within Joshua that night)...

I personally think Joshua is a incredible athlete, but he is not a naturally instinctive fighter! he is the slightly more sophisticated version of Frank Bruno! (Who was still a good boxer)...

I just wonder what is going to happen, if Wladimir Kiltschko can dominate him with the Jab! and just consistently get out of range every-time Joshua tries to launch a attack.....(I wonder how he will react if he is consistently hit by another big puncher? his next fight will be very interesting)...

Comment

Originally posted by JadeaKallen View Post
                  Anthony Joshua was awarded two controversial wins in the olympics, two fights he lost but was given the victory. He didn't deserve to win a gold medal.

He has won a world championship without ever fighting a world class fighter.

He has that bodybuilders physique that everybody loves. His movement in the ring is wooden, he doesn't have great skill. All he has is his looks and power.

The things Wladimir Klitschko has been saying and the way he acts around Anthony Joshua makes me suspicious that Klitschko actually wants Joshua to beat him. Maybe Klitschko won't fight to win.

Everything about Anthony Joshua seems fake to me, while everyone seems to think he's already the next great heavyweight champion.

Am I the only one seeing this?

You think a guy who ruled the division for 10+yrs would lay down for a contender who happens to own a title?

You're right though that You are the only one seeing this & please follow this route to..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    as a pro the biggest complaint is the fact he got a title that he hasnt earned. His actual progression has been slow, but not ridiculously so by modern standards. Brezeale is a tough high level journeyman/ fringe contender if you are being generous. Whyte just proved he is about the level of a motivated Chisora. Others like Bahktov were supposed to give him more rounds but didnt. Now he is going for the no.1 ranked HW in the world (if you include Tyson Fury as champion).

Id have like for him to have worked his way up through the top 10 a bit more, but most would say that him vs Wlad is a 50/50 ish fight and that is what all of us want to see in boxing. Time could be limited in getting Wlad in the ring so they had to strike with this fight now

I agree and disagree with some of that. I don't think his progression is that slow at all. He's fighting Wlad in his 19th fight. Even if this fighting wasn't happening, in his first 18 he's still fought some seasoned (and shot) guy like Kevin Johnson, a couple of unbeaten domestic level fighters like Whyte and Cornish and then a couple of unbeaten (but limited) fringe contenders like Breazeale and Martin who happened to have a belt, then former title challenger Molina..I don't think it's bad for 18 fights at all

The problem is that there's not much middle ground. Jumping from them to Wlad is a big leap. I just think if you took away his belt and ignore his popularity, then his career so far in 18 fights has been pretty good by anyone else's standards. I guess when you're that much in demand and generating that money, you can't risk people getting sick of you beating up guys you're meant to. I think his popularity and public demand for a big fight might come back to bite him in this one, i think this fight is maybe 1 or 2 fights too soon. He could have fought a couple genuine top 5-10 guys before this one ideally i think.

I guess also when you make so much money, your promoter and the likes of Sky want to strike while the iron is hot and make that money.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

i was with you up until the part about wlad not wanting to win..

why in the hell would wlad "want to lose"? this is a great chance for him to take on a raw and inexperienced fighter with poor skills and an inflated reputation. regaining a piece of the HW title in the process.

there is no reason for him to fight besides legacy and amusement. losing wouldnt be good for his legacy or amusing. he doesnt need money, he made a **** load in his career. wlad is one guy you know is there because he wants to.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X