Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

call me crazy..but i think holyfield beats valuev!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it is unlikely that Holyfield will win, but I think people are being unfair to him in terms of his career. Look at his four fights leading into the Ibragimov fight after his shoulder finally healed:

TKO 2 - Jeremy Bates
    - OKay, anyone could do that.

UD - Fres Oquendo
    - Holyfield won this in an 8-4 kind of fight. Oquendo fought closer with Chis Byrd, John Ruiz (dead even fight when he was stopped in the 11th), and since then has virtually shut out former contender Ellisier Castillo, and everyone saw that he beat Toney.

TKO 3 - Vinny Maddalone
    - Contrary to what people have claimed, this fight was NOT stopped on cuts. While Maddalone was badly cut, his corner stopped the fight because he was also badly hurt as old man Holy was beating the living **** out of him. This is a man with two equal footing, late KO loss wars against Brian Minto and a guy that supposed big time prospect Boystov couldn't stop in his last fight.

UD - Lou Savarese
    - Like Bates, not a particularly impressive win. He won by virtual shut out though and threw a lot of punches, but this only meant even a little bit ten years ago, let alone now.

Still, given the state of the division, that isn't a horrible resume, and even after a wide UD loss in a title shot it isn't one that screams a shot fighter that needs to be forced into retirement.

Comment

Holifield, WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        lol!!!!!!!!1have you ever seen this guy fight???he has 0 power
        are you kidding? don't mistake speed with power. valuev doesn't have alot of zip on his punches, but the power is there. holyfield is a still target and valuev is going to really hurt holyfield as a result of it. valuev is going to have his chance at putting all his weight into his punches and holyfield might really get hurt in this fight.

Comment

holy has a chance, in his prime he would kick some serious ass vs valuev, but now i think he will lose a UD

Comment

comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!valuev is slow,lacks power.and is a 1-2 machine..not saying holyfield is a top 10 fighter..but even at this point of his career he's better than valuev..i think he had a good showing against sutlen at 45.................war holyfield
            You're crazy.

Comment

In his prime holyfield could do it because this guy is slow and just a big/fat freak of nature.

however its not going to happen now when they fight...holyfield cant do it...the man is what? 46 years old? he was slipping out of his prime about 10 years ago...

even a "past his prime" holyfield could be valuev but this is FAR past his prime...and valuev might be slow and predictable he's going to eventually win this fight...probably by TKO of some kind (the ref might call it for holyfield's safety).

i expect holyfield to come out and while he's fresh he will win probably the first 3 straight rounds and begin to slow down more and more as the fight goes on...

if it goes the distance it would probably by 8 rounds to 4 rounds for valuev.

prime for prime he knocks the giant out...

i wish nothing but the best for holyfield.

Comment

Damn i been on point...

Comment

this dudes avi

Larry is a G

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    this dudes avi

Larry is a G

Comment

comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!valuev is slow,lacks power.and is a 1-2 machine..not saying holyfield is a top 10 fighter..but even at this point of his career he's better than valuev..i think he had a good showing against sutlen at 45.................war holyfield
                      Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
                      Damn i been on point...

Walking through memorie lane.

the original larryx up in chea. These cats don't know about you homie. You've been schooling these casuals on this here sport we call boxing for many moons.

Comment

Working...
                      X