Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line up your American hopes, AJ will knock them down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    How do you see the Ortiz fight playing out
    I think Ortiz is superior in technique and experience and probably has power atleast in the same ballpark. I figure he would be content to out box Joshua and move until an opportunity presented itself. I think he could take Joshua out possibly but I dont think he would get into a war with him. Lots of 1-2s and move away from that right hand. Take him deep and see what his lungs are like. Joshua is a dangerous guy but he is still green. Now is the time to fight him if your in the elite at heavyweight. Saying that Its a probability someone is getting KOed with these two guys unless Ortiz decides he is just going to box and if I were him that would be my plan. Score and dont be there for that counter and move away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Brits may have one the battle but the USA always wins the war.
      The USA is British. British law, British language, it's part of the Anglosphere. Conservative and successful.

Britain is a proud father of the US, another one of their colonial sons that made it. Just like Canada, Australia and all the rest.

On boxing however...the mother country is running the show right now.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 04-10-2016, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        Not a very bold prediction:

Don't believe that "they all went to the NFL" nonsense either... If that were true Europe wouldn't be dominating 160-200 because they'd all be playing soccer and hockey for more money... American HWs just suck.
        Name one other country that is good at boxing that doesn't have the sport in the top 10 in their country. I'll wait patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Name one other country that is good at boxing that doesn't have the sport in the top 10 in their country. I'll wait patiently.
          Bit of a chicken/egg question; HW boxing was enormously popular in the US until the champions lost the belts to foreigners. It coexisted fine with the NFL before that. People don't want to watch anymore when losing starts to seem like a foregone conclusion.

Regardless, we couldn't compare that information anyway. Say boxing is the 8th most followed sport in the UK and 9th most popular in the US -- the US has 260 million more people. Even if it was 20th most popular sport it would probably calculate into a larger audience.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...rris-Poll.aspx
          Last edited by ////; 04-10-2016, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Any American who knows boxing and did their research should've known that Charles Martin is nothing but a fat bum. Any top 10 HW would beat him.

Comment

The problem with Luis Ortiz is he's so damn old

"officially" he's 37, which is pretty old for a heavyweight

but in actuality he's closer to 47 which is OLD

He will drop off at any day now and grow old overnight, steroids can only do so much.

If he wants to become a world champ he needs to do it, FAST

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                I've been telling all my friends about the atmosphere at the fights in the UK or what it seems to be like watching it on television. I want to come to a big fight over there in a bad way. I'll make it one day.

As far as American heavyweights, who knows. Joshua is still untested really but I'd pick him over Wilder. I think Ortiz is the best out there at the moment though
                Ortiz is about as American as spaghetti.

Anyway, AJ should be labeled as a the Americutioner and given a tour of America like fighters back in the day, when he fights all these bums such as Manour, Scott, Jennings (not a bum) and then culminates in a fight with Wilder, who I'm pretty sure would have lost to Povetkin by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  You're telling me boxing is NOT a top 10 sport in the US?

The US has more boxing gyms than any other nation on the planet and one of the most well funded amateur systems around. Heck, their system is better funded than Kazakhstan and Ukraine yet you guys still can't create amateur champions.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    You're telling me boxing is NOT a top 10 sport in the US?

The US has more boxing gyms than any other nation on the planet and one of the most well funded amateur systems around. Heck, their system is better funded than Kazakhstan and Ukraine yet you guys still can't create amateur champions.
                    Just off the top of my head; NFL, college football, MLB, NBA, college basketball, NHL, soccer, NASCAR, golf, tennis, and MMA are all far more popular sports and receive far more media coverage (screen and print) than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
                      After watching Anthony dismantle your last great hope, it is very clear that the USA has pretty much nothing left to offer. Deonte? Easy work.

Who could possibly challenge the British empires dominance?
                      Reading all these post its funny how people are now calling Martin a bum because before this fight Martin was a question mark for everyone including AJ. Martin is a 6"5 245+ southpaw who no one had really seen fight so I definitely gave him a chance but he was way out of his League not to take anything away from Joshua. As far as Americans that would probably stop AJ there are a few Bryant Jennings,Amir Mansour,Dominic Breazeale,Luis Ortiz,Deontay Wilder, even Antonio Tarver would give him problems. HW division is stacked all around the globe.

Comment

Working...
                      X